x

Where are my modifiers?

New to Square and eCommerce. I had wanted to implement add on options to a couple of my progams, so I created modifiers and targeted them to specific items. But when I sample the check out process, I don't see these modifiers as options on those items. Am I missing something? Am I using modifiers the wrong way? And if so, any suggestions on what I should be using to create the ability for my customers to add on additional services within a program?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ddunkin 

Sorry for the late reply here and welcome to the Seller Community 🙌🏼

When you create your modifier sets, you'll need to apply them to your items.

When you add an item that has a modifier set applied to it for a sale within the Point of Sale app, a screen will pop up and prompt you to select which modifiers you want to apply before completing the sale. 

Was this not happening for you? 

Message 2 of 7

Hi, I am having a similar issue. It's not that the modifiers aren't showing in my POS because they are, but they are not showing on my Square Website as an option for customers to select. Please help if you can!

Message 3 of 7

Hey @gifomcleaning 

Sorry to hear about your experience with Square Online. When you have a moment and if you're still experiencing this, can you share your domain (URL) here? I would like to take a closer look at this situation, so if you can please also provide an Item example along with the modifiers that should be available on Square Online as well.

I will keep an eye out for your reply.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7

https://getitfromourmamacleaningservices.square.site

Thank you, much appreciated. So the (Basic, Deluxe, and Premium) cleaning tier bookings should all have an option to add the (Mama's Special) to they're booking. I noticed that the modifier does pop up on my Square App and Square Appointments app, but not on the physical website itself which is what I need most. Thanks for helping, let me know if you need anything else. 

Message 5 of 7

Thank you for giving the additional context and for following up @gifomcleaning 

I was able to confirm that at this time Modifiers aren't available in the Online Booking Flow.

You can see this disclaimer when creating modifiers for your services on the Square Dashboard. 

Since you mentioned this is vital for your business, I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 7

Got it! Thanks for your help!

Message 7 of 7