x

Where do I apply for the PPP under the SBA??

Where do I apply for the PPP under the SBA??

Message 1 of 10
Report Inappropriate Content
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

Hi @amshuler13,

You will need to submit the PPP application to an SBA certified lender. The SBA has put up a website to find SBA eligible lenders near you. All you have to do is input your zip code and contact one of those lenders. I do recommend using an existing lender if you have one that is approved.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10

Best Answer

Square will contact you when applications are being accepted and provide more details on how to apply then. Also, see Square's PPP page for more on applying and how to prepare. My best guess* is you will likely be able to apply when the 2nd round of money is approved by the US government. 

*Only an educated guess, I in no way have information other than what is publicly available.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Best Answer

Hi @amshuler13,

You will need to submit the PPP application to an SBA certified lender. The SBA has put up a website to find SBA eligible lenders near you. All you have to do is input your zip code and contact one of those lenders. I do recommend using an existing lender if you have one that is approved.

Message 2 of 10

Hi @amshuler13,

A quick follow up, as these are changing times. According to Jakie Reses's tweet, Square will begin rolling out their PPP applications this week. The interface integrates with your Square account to make it easy for you.

Message 3 of 10

How do I apply on Square for the PPP I don't see any place on the dashboard to submit my appllication?

Is there a way to submit now for the second round of PPP loan?

Message 4 of 10

Best Answer

Square will contact you when applications are being accepted and provide more details on how to apply then. Also, see Square's PPP page for more on applying and how to prepare. My best guess* is you will likely be able to apply when the 2nd round of money is approved by the US government. 

*Only an educated guess, I in no way have information other than what is publicly available.

Message 5 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Thank you @mattd! I appreciate the assist. 😁👍

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 10

I just read a notification from SQUARE "that the first round of PPP stimulus money has been fully distributed —but we're advocating for small businesses to receive more"

I am confused because I thought I would receive an email when this money was available. I never saw an option to fill out the application either. I am a self employed small business owner and have absolutely no income coming in. I was really looking forward to this loan.

Message 7 of 10
Alumni

Hey @DeLosSantos -

You thought right - you will receive an email notification when more funding is available. The notice will give you next steps to apply for the loan. Stay on the look out. 

For now, here's more info about the PPP and the application process. Thanks for sticking with us. 

Justin
Message 8 of 10

Hello I've been a square member for a while but trying now to apply for PPP
I don't see an option to apply for my PPP Loan on my dashboard.  I've been trying daily for last couple weeks....

How can I apply for the PPP Loan?

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @bbb2 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Good to hear from you again.

I've merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information in regards to PPP applications. This Best Answer from Mattd will get you started.

Feel free to reach out if you have any clarifying questions! We are here to help.

Joe
Message 10 of 10