x

Why can't I see "Services" as an option under Items?

Good evening (or, morning, technically where I'm at.)

I'm not a new user of Square, however, I recently started a new business.

The new business is basically; Cleaning in a variety of different ways for other tenants of the commercial bldg that I have my primary business's office in.

I'm not selling items, but offering services for a fee.

When I registered my business, the only option that made sense was, "Cleaning (cleaning and home repair)"

My other Square account is for my Massage Therapy business and I have the option of creating "services" rather than "items".

I don't even see that as an option under "items" like it display under my Dashboard and Square App for this new Custodial business.

Does anyone know how to make this an option? And why isn't it just a standard option for every user?

Thanks sincerely.

Kevin

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @kevtcustodian

To see the services option in your Dashboard you would need to Get Started with Square Appointments for free.

I hope this information is helpful!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks JJ, so, the only way I can see "services" is if implement "Square Appointments"?

I did do that a while back for my Massage Biz, but that's because I'm actually having clients schedule appointments.

For the Custodial Biz, my work will be done as an independent contractor sporadically when I have the time to do it and no appointments will be made.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Correct, even if you end up not using the Appointments feature, Services fall under Appointments in Square so you would need to onboard our Free tier to enable that on your account @kevtcustodian

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4