x

Why can't I sort the Item Library in Dashboard?

Using the Square Dashboard, I can view my entire Item Library in alphabetical order. I can search the library by item name, description, or sku only. And I can filter by category. But that's all I can do with the library on the Dashboard. 

Why can't I click on one of the headers and change the sort? For example, why can't I sort by category, location, or "sold by"? These would be very useful for a quick reference.

Also, I can filter by any existing category, but there is no way to see uncategorized items. All I want to do is find items we accidentally left uncategorized, and put them in the right categories. 

What's the point of displaying the item library this way? I can't do anything with this except search for a single item, which is to say I can't do anything useful at all.

Everything in Square that involves inventory requires me to use that horrible horrible "export to Excel" thing. And I hate that beyond words. There is so much I should be able to do on the website but can't. 

It truly feels like Square is still a beta program not ready for public use. I'm very frustrated (again).

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @mikesclub

Thank you so much giving us feedback on the our Item Library. I completely see what you mean and how this would be a helpful tool for all sellers. In the meantime, you can look under the Reports Tab and pull up the Item Sales report. You will be able to see the items that are marked as "uncategorized" in this report. It would be a little tedious, but you can look up those items in your library to update them.

I will pass along your feedback to a Product Team, so they can look further into this. Keep an eye out for our Product Updates for upcoming launches!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

I totally agree with this suggestion. I want to sort by SKU so I can figure out what SKU's I haven't used. I'm always struggling to figure out where I have gaps in my SKU numbers. I'd also like to be able to sort by stock items and by price.

Message 3 of 5

We have a small gallery and need to present items by artist (category) to the person using the POS. It makes no sense to list the items by picture title (item name). For a Quick checkout, how can I get the library list displayed by category sort?

Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

@semvaart ;

Not sure which system you are using but on a Square Stand with Ipad.

You can add Tiles and move them around and add Favorites  Categories (artist Name) 

So at time of Checkout you can select from your Favorites your Category (Artist Name)

After selecting the Artist Name only their items would be displayed if they were in that category.

Here is how :

5328-item-variants-or-price-points 

Read the section how to Setup your Item Grid on a Tablet

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 5