x

can i make a wire transfer

how can i make a wire transfer from square to a person 

using routing numbers and what not

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

Hi greentoe11,

Assuming you have a Square Checking Account, looks like you would have to transfer the funds to your regular banking account first, from there you can do a wire transfer.

Message 2 of 4

New to Square... 

How about my client does not want to pay me with Credit Card or Cash, using instead a wire transfer from his bank to my bank associated with my square account?

I do not find any info or options for this on the Square menu. 

Please help!

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

@LMPRODS You would need to use an invoice to do an ACH payment for your customer.  With this invoice, once it is sent to the customer, they can pay with their bank account and routing number.

While this is not technically a "wire transfer" as those are done between banks, not technically between customers in the same manner as they are done same day/instant, where an ACH processes in the normal nightly flow of bank transactions.  They serve the same purpose, and ACH transfers are actually cheaper for you to process.  So go ahead and give the invoice a whirl and you can accomplish your goal, but I would not give a product or service to someone you do not trust till you have confirmation of payment.

Here is a link to more info:

https://squareup.com/us/en/payments/ach-payments 

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 4