x

Can an online customer buy a sold out item?

Many of my items are made to order, and just because I do not have one in inventory, I will want online customers to be able to order any and all items

Is this easily accomplished or do I have to turn off a significant feature?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original by a Community Moderator to help with searching threads. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@janjwoodables In this situation, you would want to turn off inventory tracking on that item.  The point of sale has the ability to label items as "sold out" now.  I would use that feature for an item you do not want the customer to be able to buy.  If you have a stock level item that you want to limit because you have say "10" of them, you can use this along with the untracked items that you label available and sold out.

Here is some more info,

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Product-Updates/Mark-an-Item-as-Sold-Out-with-Square-and-86-items... 

2022-03-10.jpg

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2