x

email daily sales summary discrepancy to actual report

I get daily reports on the  Daily Sales Summary email and I find that some days the report is drastically lower than the report generated data on the dashboard. Why is that? The daily report time period covers the window of transactions. I've had about 5 of these erroneous Daily emailed reports and get shocked to find out they are incorrect! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello @TheLocal63 !

I know of two reasons why the sales summary email will be off:

-Square "learns" your business and will send the daily summary after you're usually closed. For example, I close at 1 and I usually see my email around 2:30. If there are transactions that happen after that "usual" time period, they won't show on the summary report. I haven't found a way to adjust this yet, but in theory if you continually ring things in after the "usual" time period, Square will eventually adjust the report send time.

-By default in Square, End of Day is at 5 PST. Anything before that will show on the daily report but the daily sales summary report usually arrives after EOD. You can adjust your end of day on your dashboard:

Dashboard -> Account & Settings -> Business Information -> Transfers -> Location (if needed). The settings are down near the bottom of this screen.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2