x
Beta Member

fulfilment and scheduling section formatting issue

Hi there team, 

It seems the fulfilment and scheduling section on my online ordering section is not being formatted correctly, and I cannot see in the editor where to amend/edit this so it adds a background, at the moment it is hardly visible on the site, this didn't use to be like this. please can you help?

smashnslide_0-1666776628284.png

Message 1 of 22
Report Inappropriate Content
21 REPLIES 21
Admin

Hi @smashnslide, thanks for flagging! 

Can you send over a link to your site so I can take a closer look and see if I can replicate it on my end? Thanks 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 22
Beta Member

Message 3 of 22
Square Community Moderator

Hey @smashnslide, just stepping in for Alegra here while she is out of the office. Just to clarify - are you looking to change how the address appears beside the Change button in the header of your page? If so, could you give a brief description of how it looked beforehand? This will give me a better idea of the next best steps. Thanks! 

Message 4 of 22
Beta Member

Hi, it used to be in a grey drop down, but looks like its now without a background and is hard to read, so anything that allows it to be more visible would be good, but cant find anywhere to edit/modify the design for this section

Message 5 of 22

Thank you for that @smashnslide. I have escalated this to our teams internally to see if they have any suggestions on how to change the website and make the fulfillment button more visible. I'll update you on this thread once I have more information!

Message 6 of 22

Hey @smashnslide, our engineering team had a look into this and managed to fix it. Can you check your website on your end to double-check?

Additionally, if you'd like to change the layout of your website, make sure to choose the layout you'd like in your site editor under Customize. 

Message 7 of 22
Beta Member

I'm still seeing the old version with the text blending into background, can you advise what fix was made?

smashnslide_0-1667820171663.png

Message 8 of 22
Beta Member

also seems like some alignment issues with the buttons on the main home banner:

On the site editor im seeing it correctly:

smashnslide_1-1667820311367.png

but on the live site, the top button is different:

smashnslide_2-1667820335419.png

Please can you help so that both buttons are the same as per how it looks in the editor

Message 9 of 22

Apologies @smashnslide, seems like I made a mistake in my previous message.

Our team has recommended that you change the layout of your Ordering page to improve the visibility of the fulfillment section of your site. To do so:

1. Go to your Square Online Overview page.
  2. Click on Website > Edit Site.
  3. Click on the box that says Page: Home and a menu should appear. Click on the Order Online page.
  4. Click on Header > Customize > Layout and Colour. This will give you the option to change the appearance of the header on your site. For your website, I would recommend selecting the template in the screenshot below.
  5. Click Publish

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 11.26.29.png

Hope this helps, and apologies for the miscommunication previously. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you!

Message 10 of 22
Beta Member

Thanks for that, I've made the change as per your instructions.

However on the home page, the buttons for "click here to order Collection" and "Click here to order for Delivery" look fine in the website editor on the square site, but in the live site the formatting is off (see previous screenshots) please can you advise.

Message 11 of 22

Thanks for getting back to me @smashnslide. I had a play around with my own demo account and couldn't find where to reformat buttons. I've pinged our team again to check if this is a bug or not. I'll get back to you ASAP once I have more information.

Thanks for your patience!

Message 12 of 22
Beta Member

Hi @k_atie okay thanks, please get back to me once you've found this out.

It was okay the other day, both buttons were the same but seems something has changed?

Message 13 of 22

Hi @smashnslide, I'm sorry about this issue. We have reported this to our engineers. We'll get back to you when we have an update. 

Emma
Community Manager, Square
Message 14 of 22
Beta Member

any update on this?

Message 15 of 22
Admin

Hi @smashnslide, thanks for checking back in. 

Apologies for the delay, our engineering team have not given any update just yet. I have reached out to them again this morning and I should have an update soon. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Breffni
Message 16 of 22
Beta Member

any further update? it's coming up to 1 month that I reported this. @Breffni 

Message 17 of 22

Hey @smashnslide, just stepping in for Alegra here. 

I just checked the ticket there and have still not received any updates as of yet. We'll let you know once we have more information. 

Thanks for your patience.

Message 18 of 22
Beta Member

Hi there, can I get any updates on this? surely just a formatting/coding with the button,

Message 19 of 22
Admin

Hi @smashnslide, very sorry for the delay. 

We are keeping your case open and we are checking in with the team working on this regularly but we still haven't gotten any updates. 

I understand how frustrating it is, as soon as they can resolve it, we'll let you know. 

Breffni
Message 20 of 22

Hey @smashnslide, apologies about the delay on this. I've just received an update from our team who have been able to resolve the issue with the buttons on your site. Can you let me know if it is appearing correctly on your side? Thanks!

Message 21 of 22