x

orders upcoming

Why do some of our orders go to upcoming orders and some go right to orders?  Trying to find out what is the difference. Thank You

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

I havent been able to figure it out...but i have a clue. I think its supposed to be "upcoming" if its outside of your default prep time.  But i cant confirm that. I hate how the upcoming orders sneak into active. We are a restaurant that changes its default prep time constantly based on business.

When you are busy, its hard to print the orders, in order,  when upcoming sneaks over to active. or when the orders are not sorted by due time.

Ive formally requested 9 times via customer service a way to sort/filter the active column...sure would make it easier. 

I also think is the active column is sorted on when an order is received, not when it is due.  Its a giant bug. 

Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

I agree. I like giving customers the option of scheduled pickups, but they don't print when we receive them like all other orders. They just sit in the upcoming and we have to manually check if we have any orders that need to be printed and fulfilled. It makes busy times frustrating when a customer comes to pick-up an order we have no idea is sitting in the upcoming.

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey guys! Great questions. The pickup time won’t actually have any effect on where it shows in the list; the orders print just like a first-come  first-serve kind of thing. Customers can place any kind of order, pickup, shipping, delivery, etc, and they’ll just be in the order that customers were submitting them no matter what kind of order it is.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

So, why is there an “upcoming” section of orders? 

and, since so many use the “orders” feature, for so many different businesses who all have different requirements, wouldn’t it be nice to sort that list? If you have 100 orders and all are due at different times, it’s a real problem. I would invite any square personnel to come hang out on a busy night and watch what we go through “working around” a system meant to make us more productive. 

Message 5 of 7

The upcoming tab is not making sense to me either. I would have thought it'd be the next pick up order but it's not following either the order of when it was ordered or pick up time order. Seems random. 

Message 6 of 7
Alumni

Hi @Str33tspirit,

Are you able to show a screenshot or example of what you are seeing? If you prefer to work on this with someone one-no-one, please contact our Customer Success Team here.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 7 of 7