x

turn off free shipping banner on custom shipping profiles

I have a couple of shipping options on my site.  One is a free shipping option (default)for items over a specific price and another custom profile for original works of art that would cost a fee to ship due to packaging and insurance.  If I put an original art in the cart and checkout I see a banner that shows "you're eligible for free shipping*" the asterisk shows "* Free shipping exclusions may apply based on location".  However, completing the checkout process adds the shipping charge. I think this is confusing to customers and would like to turn off that banner on the custom profile items.  Is that possible?  I feel since an item is in the custom profile it should not even show this free shipping banner but it does. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Kailleigh and welcome to the Seller Community.

I am going to recommend reaching out to our eCommerce support team to report this behavior. This appears to be a bug because if the items in the cart do not qualify for free shipping this message should not be presented. 

They can be reached at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2