x
Beta Member

Adding More Than One Image to an Item in Square Online Store

Hi Again!

I'd like to add more than one image to an item in my store. Unfortunately, when previewing the site and clicking on said item, I can still only see the same original image, not the second image I added when editing the site.

Do you know how I can fix this?

Much appreciated!

Senseuall

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @senseuall,

It sounds like your website may be set to a menu template, which will only ever show a single image for an item.

You can change this to a retail template, which will allow for viewing multiple images and look a little different.

Go to the web editor, then from the drop down menu at the top of the page select Category pages > OrderOnline > ... > Switch template.

Then, if it's currently set to Order Online (Restaurant features) you want to select Shop All (Retail features) then press "done".

Hope this helps - let me know if this was not the issue!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @senseuall,

It sounds like your website may be set to a menu template, which will only ever show a single image for an item.

You can change this to a retail template, which will allow for viewing multiple images and look a little different.

Go to the web editor, then from the drop down menu at the top of the page select Category pages > OrderOnline > ... > Switch template.

Then, if it's currently set to Order Online (Restaurant features) you want to select Shop All (Retail features) then press "done".

Hope this helps - let me know if this was not the issue!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 10
Beta Member

Thanks so much for your help as always, Seamus, will try this! 😀

Message 3 of 10
Admin

No worries @senseuall, let me know how you go!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 10
Beta Member

We've fixed the issue! Thanks so much! 😀

Message 5 of 10
Admin

Glad that worked @senseuall! Hope you have a great weekend 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 10

@Seamus I'm having the same issue - I love the menu layout I just wish it included the option to show multiple images for a product.

I'm wondering if things have changes since this post.  The option to place thumbnails is there and the preview is showing the ability to flick through multiple pictures however the reality is it is still only showing the main picture????

Message 7 of 10
Admin

Hey @srohor, thanks for reaching out!

I've not heard of any changes here unfortunately.

The Square Online back end will currently allow you to upload multiple image products, however these will only be visible in the retail template.

Looking further at how the two different templates work "Menu" generates a small pop up module for the item when ordering, while "Retail" gives an entire new page - I'd say the reason "Menu" only offers a single image is due to the overall design / UX differences between the two templates.

Happy to pass your feedback on, and if I hear of any changes will update this thread. Thanks for the feedback 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 8 of 10

Hey guys any help would be appreciated. Ive got an online store for my salads when I add an item it lets me add multiple pictures but when I go to my online store only the main picture shows. Ive seen that thumbnails should show up of the other photos but ive got no idea why they don't. In my editor they show up perfectly but when I publish all I get is the main image and it also zooms in too much. Any help thanks 

Message 9 of 10
Admin

Hey @heirloomsalads,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community 🙂

I've moved your message to this thread, which has a solution to this common issue. If you're using the "Menu" template this only has a single picture by design, though if you switch to the "Retail" template this will allow you to show more images. 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 10 of 10