x

Appointment: multiple bookings of services

Hi.

Is it possible to enable multiple bookings for appointments of services in one checkout session?

Meaning that a client may book 2 instances of services (whether same or different) within one checkout session.

Or do clients have to come back to the start multiple times after paying for each single session?

Thanks, Peter.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 18
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @BodyHarmony,

Thanks for reaching out!

At the moment your customer would need to go through the online booking flow multiple times to re-book an appointment. Alternatively, if your customers would like a recurring booking you're able to set this up via your Dashboard or Appointments app.

I can see how having this option would be useful for customers looking to book multiple appointments themselves! I'm not sure if this feature is in the works, but I'll flag this with our Appointments team!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 18
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @JBrazen,

Thanks for the feedback!

I agree that the ability to book multiple appoints and appointment packages/bundles would be very handy. We're tracking this as a feature request, I'll update this thread if I hear of any changes that are made to how this works.

The workaround for direct Outlook would be to set up a new Gmail/Google calendar, then sync it with Outlook's calendar, then sync that Google calendar with Appointments. It is a bit clunkier than a direct Outlook integration, but once set up it should be able to operate without much more input needed on your end!

All the best!

Seamus
Square, Australia

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

I see that different services may be booked in one checkout, however they have the same start date & time with a total time blocked.

There seems to be no mechanism to book the services at different date/time except with multiple checkouts.

Thanks, Peter.

Message 2 of 18
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @BodyHarmony,

Thanks for reaching out!

At the moment your customer would need to go through the online booking flow multiple times to re-book an appointment. Alternatively, if your customers would like a recurring booking you're able to set this up via your Dashboard or Appointments app.

I can see how having this option would be useful for customers looking to book multiple appointments themselves! I'm not sure if this feature is in the works, but I'll flag this with our Appointments team!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 3 of 18

Hi Seamus.

It would be vey handy for us. There are services provided which are best booked for multiple sessions over several weeks.

It's a bit of an effort for clients to repeat the same process time & again.

And there are discounts for multiple bookings. At the moment those are handled by a refund, which is a bit clunky.

One bit of relief is suggesting to client that they create an account so at least the name & contacts can be automatically filled.

Thanks, Peter.

Message 4 of 18
Admin

Hey @BodyHarmony,

Thanks for the feedback, these are all good feature requests for Appointments!

One possible workaround for multiple books of the same services would be to create that Service multiple times and name the services as different sessions, eg for a tattooist you might have "Tattoo Session #1", "Tattoo Session #2", "Tattoo Session #3". It's also a bit of a clunky workaround, but one possible option.

Discounts for bookings isn't available at the moment but is again something I've heard feedback on. I know our team are currently working on expand on what Appointments can do to help merchants adapt to business in a COVID world, we're tracking these requests!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 18

This is absolutely a feature that I am interested in.

As a coach, I want to be able to sell a package of multiple coaching sessions - my clients should be able to go to my website, buy a package and select dates for those services. This is a feature that Calendly.com have. 

The other feature that I like about Calendly.com is that they have the ability to two-way sync BOTH my outlook calendar (which I use for my employment) and my gmail calendar (personal). This would be a helpful feature also. 

I am grateful however that Appointments has finally become available in Australia. In another time I was a website developer and not being able to use this service due to location was ludicrous. Changing this and integrating free weebly sites is a great move forward.

Message 6 of 18
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @JBrazen,

Thanks for the feedback!

I agree that the ability to book multiple appoints and appointment packages/bundles would be very handy. We're tracking this as a feature request, I'll update this thread if I hear of any changes that are made to how this works.

The workaround for direct Outlook would be to set up a new Gmail/Google calendar, then sync it with Outlook's calendar, then sync that Google calendar with Appointments. It is a bit clunkier than a direct Outlook integration, but once set up it should be able to operate without much more input needed on your end!

All the best!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 7 of 18

agree to be able to book muplitable session at once. this prevents clients from booking classes because it's too hard to keep constantly adding each class. let us know when this feature is updated    

Message 8 of 18
Square Community Moderator

We'll keep you in the loop about this feature via this thread, @EmaRCF ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for adding your vote to this request! 

Message 9 of 18

This feature request has been requested and responded to in this thread since 2020. 3 years.
Is there anything in the works? If there isn't, this is a deal-breaker for me.

Message 10 of 18

This is also something that will decide if I stay with Acuity or move everything to Square.  Is there anything in the works?

Message 11 of 18

Agreed. Itโ€™s definitely a feature thatโ€™s is needed. My clients book a year in advance and the whole reason for an appointment app is so they can do it to save us time. It also needs an option to add another field to the customers details. Iโ€™m a dog groomer and need for them to tell me the dogs name and breed so I can check theyโ€™ve allocated enough time

Message 12 of 18
Admin

Thanks for adding your feedback to this feature request @chat2chuck97. I agree that being able to book multiple instances of the same service would come in handy, as would the ability to sell bundles of appointments.

While I don't have any news to share about these feature right now, I'll update this thread if we see any changes in the future, and I'll pass your feedback on to the Appointments team.

Custom fields for specific information would likewise be handy! In the meantime you can use the appointments notes to have customers enter specifics like dog name and breed:

You can add additional instructions in the service description field to indicate your customers should provide additional information in this field - it's not as elegant a solution as custom fields would be, but hopefully this can help for now!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 13 of 18
Super Seller

Upvoting this feature request too.

We've created a work around for this which might help. We added options to each service in Square which essentially caters to the multiple bookings but as fixed services / prices / times. For example on our haircuts service, we added an option '2 x haircuts' in the dropdown with the adjusted price and time. It's not perfect, but it does the trick.

I also noticed a comment in this thread by someone also saying they wanted discounts for multiple bookings ... So using the same formula as above, creating a service option, you could do things like:

2 x service name (save X%) and set the discounted price as a fixed price etc

This assumes you aren't selling packages that have multiple times over different days, in which case this work around wouldn't work for that. 

We regularly have couples or families who book in together and have to create separate appointments one after the other.

But we check them out together in one transaction (ie just add an extra service to one of the appointments), so it leaves an appointment open which my OCD doesn't love.

Enabling multiple service booking functionality would make this much cleaner and also allow us to upsell all of our services without multiple manual bookings / adding options to everything (which can get messy very quickly โ€“ we have just done it on our most popular services).

Proud Australian Square Super Seller and users of Square Appointments โ€ข Square POS โ€ข Square Online โ€ข Square Reader โ€ข Square Stand

We use Square with integrations for Xero by Amaka โ€ข Printful / We have used Squarespace โ€ข Shopify โ€ข WooCommerce โ€ข QuickBooks and more!

Dieter Slicke is a boutique barber shop by appointment only with our own range of Australian made hair and skin care products
Message 14 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for adding your vote, and sharing this workaround, @dieterslicke

Message 15 of 18

I'd also really love to have this option so my clients can book multiple kids cuts at the same time as their own.  As a mobile stylist, I want all of the clients for an appointment listed on the same appointment, so having them go through the appointment process multiple times is not what I want them to do.  It should just be something where they can select a number on the service where it defaults to 1, so people don't do it accidentally, but gives them the option to change it.

Message 16 of 18

Is it possible to enable multiple bookings for appointments of services in one checkout session?

Bringing this topic back to the forefront as we reach 2024. 

Thanks!

Message 17 of 18

This has been a request since 2020! Geeezuz! Get on with it!!

Message 18 of 18