x

Can I charge peorple's credit cards from all around the world? (And more about amount limits, etc.)

Hello,

I live in Greece, Athens and I wonder if I can charge peorple's credit cards from all around the world, not only them who live in my country.

Also, could you tell me if there's a limit of the amount that I charge someone, or to the number of charges (in daily basis for example) and if your fees are different from country to country.

And, if I should register to your app my bank's account or my credit's card number in order to reveive the money from your app to my bank account.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Hello from the United States @AndrewMos

Currently Square is not available in Greece for credit card processing. You might be able to download the Square Point of Sale App, but you would only be able to use it for tracking cash sales. 

I will pass along your request to our product team and hopefully sometime in the future we will have the full version of the App available in Greece! 

If you have any other questions please feel free to reach back out! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ  ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท

Message 2 of 9

I also need to perform similar transactions but mainly in The UK or Australia! Do you support charges to many foreign cards in these locations? If so, which other European Countries am i able to use SQUARE in?

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

Hi @HYNEKEL,

You can definitely process foreign/international cards in Australia and the UK on Square, but at the moment it's not possible to process card payments anywhere else in Europe ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 4 of 9

Hi Callum, we are based in Australia but have many clients in the USA. How do I bill them in US$.

In Australia, I have been getting Clients to send me an image of their credit card and then processing a manual payment.

How can I do that for US clients? Can I keep the money in US$?

Message 5 of 9
Admin

Hey @MBM1,

Australian Square accounts can only currently charge in AUD - so the prices on your website would be in AUD, and an international customer's card provider would perform a currency conversation based on current exchange rates.

If you've ever ordered anything from the USA from Australia the same thing happens but in reverse, your Australian card provider will perform a currency conversion!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 9

Hello I was wondering if there was a way to ban international card use and only accept local cards

Message 7 of 9

How do you block international cards from being processed?

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Beggsie-liz,

Thanks for getting in touch! 

We don't have the option to ban certain types of cards. However, all cards, including international ones, attract the same fees with Square! Learn more about our fees here. If you have a Square Online store, you can only offer local shipping, for example, which would likely discourage international shoppers. 

Message 9 of 9