x

Cash option for online bookings?

Is it possible for customers to choose a cash option so they can pay cash on the day when booking in an appointment online thru square appointments?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @alexoneill,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here in the Seller Community! 

When you've set up a no-show protection policy for Square Appointments, or require full prepayment for a booking, a card payment would have to be made online. Alternatively, you can set up Square Appointments without a no-show protection policy or prepayment so customers can make a booking without having needing to enter their card details. 

Please feel free to share a bit more about your business, and how a cash payment option would benefit you so we can pass on some more detailed feedback to the Square Appointments team for consideration. 

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the info. I have a dog grooming business and I book in customers through square appointments. Some customers like to pay with card whilst others prefer cash. I just think that giving the customer the option for card or cash would be the best way to cater for customers needs. Perhaps the current card only option stops cash only customers from booking? Just a theory. In the meantime I will be testing with card prepay on and off to see if theres a difference in bookings. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing this extra info, @alexoneill! I see what you mean, and will pass on your feedback. 

Message 4 of 4