x

Dine in and take away for cafe

Hello, 

I am setting up square for a cafe. We offer both dine in and take away. My issue is when it comes to the printings of orders we have to physically have to change the setting every order between the two options. Is there an easier way to do this? Like have the floor plan set to dine in and the new sale section as take away

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @Beansmuggler,

Thanks for writing in & welcome to the Seller Community! 

Are you using Dining Options already? With dining options, it would only take a swipe to change between dine in, and take away, and these details would also be printed on kitchen tickets and customer receipts. Looking forward to hearing back from you 🙂 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Best Answer

Hey @Beansmuggler,

Thanks for writing in & welcome to the Seller Community! 

Are you using Dining Options already? With dining options, it would only take a swipe to change between dine in, and take away, and these details would also be printed on kitchen tickets and customer receipts. Looking forward to hearing back from you 🙂 

Message 2 of 6

Yes, using this option. I was hoping for an easier way to have these settings automatically change rather then relying on staff to remember to change it after each order

Message 3 of 6

I see, @Beansmuggler, sorry I wasn't able to provide an automatic solution here. Hopefully some other sellers can share some examples on how they get around staff having to choose whether an order is to dine in, or take away! 

Message 4 of 6

Hello, did you end up finding a solution for this? 

I am setting up square as we speak and i know for a fact my staff (&myself) will forget to make the takeaway or dine in selection. 

I am also looking how i add the customers name or their table number that we give them at the counter to the order? 

& prompt the staff to do so. 

Hopefully someone can help!

Message 5 of 6

Hey @Zali 👋

Dining options are still the only way you can specify whether an order is to have here or take away. I understand that there might be a bit of getting used to, but unless you tell the point of sale what type of order you're taking it can't do it automatically. 

You can add your customer's names to your orders with these steps:

1. Tap ≡ More from the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen.

2. Tap Settings > Hardware > Printers.

3. Select a printer and toggle In-person order Tickets and/or Order Ticket Stubs on.

4. Select categories to print.

5. Select Manually entered.

Please let us know how you go, and feel free to reach out to our support team directly too - we have a team dedicated to Square for Restaurants available via phone support who'd be able to talk you through the set up if you're stuck. You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email here

Message 6 of 6