x

Grouping buttons together in Site Editor

I'm making a landing page for links from my socials, similar to a linkin.bio or linktree and I want my buttons to be closer together.

I was adding the button section for each one, completing it and then adding the next one when a button section popped up that had 2 buttons on it.  I had also seen a "group" option but didn't know what it was and didn't look into it but I think this may have been how I inadvertently got the 2 buttons together.  I thought, that solves the problem with the large gap between buttons, so I proceeded to delete the excess buttons so I could group them all together.  Now I no longer have that option.  

Does anyone know how I can get my buttons closer together or "group" them?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Heya @LittleVillageFC,

Thank you for writing in with this question!

Could you provide a link to your site so we can take a closer look? 

Message 2 of 5

www.littlevillagefoodco.com.au/welcome 

Keep in mind it's made for mobile.

Message 3 of 5
Square Champion

Hi @LittleVillageFC ,

I took a quick look, then had a play around on a test square-online site.

I notice you've used the 'button' section, which is really better suited to a 'call to action' type use. It takes up quite a lot of real-estate as it's intended to be used with headlines and/or images.

I'd suggest you'd be better off just using the 'text section' with this style you can define multiple columns, and the link part of the text renders as a button.

You can add a text section, turn off the text/title if you don't want it, specify the number of columns, then add as many groups (which will be buttons for you) as you want. The link will define the button text and target URL.

I hope that makes sense.

Bruce

Bruce Wilson
Owner | Vigneron | Distiller
Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sending through this link  @LittleVillageFC - it looks like @lawnbrook 's advice here is spot on here - the spacing between the buttons can't be customised at this time. 

Message 5 of 5