x

How do I disable developer options in order for the Square chip reader to work?

yeah tried to turn developer off and the same problem turned it off again but the same problem again can anyone help me

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @trangie,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you are seeing the "Developer Options" error message and you have already tried turning off developer options, you may be using an Android mobile device that has not been tested as compatible with our reader. You can check here to see if the Android device you are using is compatible with Square.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or feel free to give our support team a call on 1800 760 137.

For reference, in case any other merchants are seeing this issue, you can disable the developer options from the Settings section of your Android device:

1. Navigate to Settings > Developer Options on your device.
  2. Toggle Developer Options off.

If you canโ€™t see the Developer Options menu:

1. Tap About Device.
  2. Tap Build Number 7 times.
  3. You'll see a prompt on the screen indicating developer options are enabled.
  4. Tap the back arrow to navigate back to Settings.
  5. Tap Developer Options > Toggle Developer Options off.
  6. This will disable Developer Options on your device.
Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @trangie,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you are seeing the "Developer Options" error message and you have already tried turning off developer options, you may be using an Android mobile device that has not been tested as compatible with our reader. You can check here to see if the Android device you are using is compatible with Square.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or feel free to give our support team a call on 1800 760 137.

For reference, in case any other merchants are seeing this issue, you can disable the developer options from the Settings section of your Android device:

1. Navigate to Settings > Developer Options on your device.
  2. Toggle Developer Options off.

If you canโ€™t see the Developer Options menu:

1. Tap About Device.
  2. Tap Build Number 7 times.
  3. You'll see a prompt on the screen indicating developer options are enabled.
  4. Tap the back arrow to navigate back to Settings.
  5. Tap Developer Options > Toggle Developer Options off.
  6. This will disable Developer Options on your device.
Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2