x

Feature Request: How do I get the customer's details to show on the transaction page for orders?

I have linked WooCom to Square but the customer's details are not showing on individual transactions. Do you manually have to select the customer after each transaction?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @LoveTea,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I recommend getting in touch with WooCommerce to check on this one, but I don't think their integration includes customer directory syncing or the ability to have a customer's name on the corresponding Square transaction on our end.

You'd need to cross reference the WooCommerce order number that they push through into the transaction details on Square.

You can view documentation for the integration here

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Does that apply to order title and meta description too? Is there a way to send those to Square, so that it's visible in Square Transaction page? Ultimately, it would be to get it displayed on printed order ticket via the POS. 

Message 3 of 7

I would want to know if it's possible to send the woo order title with meta description to Square so that it's visible on Square transaction page. Ultimately, being able to print it on the POS thermal printer.

This is my woo order and my Square transaction. As you can see, there is no meta description in the Square transaction.

https://share.getcloudapp.com/yAubywQq
https://share.getcloudapp.com/yAubywAq

Message 4 of 7
Admin

Hey @Lawrencemakoona and @EmbersGrill,

@EmbersGrill I moved your message to this thread because it sounds like you're both asking the same question - is this related to using Square's API when trying to build a custom website/order solution, or are you using Square Online to build a template based website?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 7

Thanks @Seamus, I couldn't find how to delete the extra post. 

We are using Wordpress and Woocommerce with the Square for Woocommerce plugin. I was wondering if the current plugin from Woocommerce would send such info as the meta description back to Square and if not, If there was a simple way for us to do so? 

Ultimately we want to be able after an order, to print using the thermal printer, the order with the meta description. E.g, when order a burger from the website, the same order in Square on the Transaction page, would contain all the info such as, notes and other meta description (Extras, drinks). Which then can be printed to then start the order in the kitchen. Instead of having to write down the description from the website. 

If that make sense. 

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hey @Lawrencemakoona,

To be honest I don't know the answer here, API help is a little outside of what we're able to provide assistance with via our Seller Community forum! The places I'd be looking for help are:

- The developer of the plugin you're using

- Square's developer forums - someone there might at the very least be able to let you know if the Orders API allows for the sending of this info via 3rd Party integrations

You might also want to consider Square Online, which by default will send order info (customer name, address, ordered items) to a printed receipt via Square POS!  

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 7 of 7