x

How do i provide 1 of my customer a discount code or a voucher?

One of my client provided me a beautiful review on google. From that review we manage to receive more enquiries.

I would like to reward this client with providing them a $50 voucher which they can redeem when they visit us next time. 

I went into square appointment > customer details > add gift card but couldn't really include a value to be added to her.

How do i go around this? The other option i heard is to use Square Marketing but i would need to create campaign which i think it is a lot of work for just sending a voucher to 1 customer.

Any guidance is appreciated! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @JJNails,

Welcome to the community!

It sounds like the key step you might have missed here is simply to issue an gift card as a starting point.

The section you're looking at here in the Customer Directory should be to add a gift card on file to a customer directory contact - it assumes you've issued the gift card fist.

If you'd like to issue an eGift card, from your Square Dashboard, go to Gift Cards > eGift Cards > Configure and make sure they're turned on.

You'll then need to "sell" an eGift card via either the Point of Sale or Appointments app by going to Checkout > Library > Gift Cards. Find a full guide to activating and selling gift cards here.

Once your $50 eGift card has been added to checkout, you can then apply a 100% discount to the sale to denote that you're not actually receiving any money for the transaction.

The customer will be emailed the eGift card details and can you can apply them as a payment method upon the next transaction (it's a manually entered number)! Or you can also add the eGift card on file to their customer directory listing, which is where you were in your original post.

Hope this makes sense! Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2