x
Beta Member

How to access navigation bar on Square Terminal

How do I access the navigation bar on the Square Terminal. It's turned on and connected to Wi-Fi, and has the 'Powered by Square' logo in the middle. I want to access the navigation bar so I can change some settings. I'm tapping on the screen but have no idea how to bring up the navigation menu bar.

What am I missing?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @rosiespantry,

Do you happen to be using Square Terminal while connected to another device running the Square point of sale app? If this is the case, the Terminal will only spring to life to take a payment once prompted by the connected point of sale device.

If you're using the Terminal as a stand-alone device not connected to another tablet or phone, first thing to check is if the device is connected to the internet.

If it is, or if you can't get far enough to check, you'll want to perform a hard reset on the Terminal. You can find a detailed guide on performing a reset here.

Hope this helps! Let us know how you go, if a hard reset doesn't work you'll want to contact support to troubleshoot further. You can call on 1800 760 137, lines are open 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri AEST.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2