x

How to manage mobile locations

I operate 2 mobile retail wagons, that move around on a rotation schedule between local farmers markets, and are stocked from my permanent homebase inventory.

Each wagon attends 2-5 physical locations per week, and 10-15 locations in total. 

I currently have Square setup as Wagon1, Wagon2 and Homebase.

I need Square to track the inventory of each wagon, but the sales/hours/staff for each physical location the wagon visits, so I can monitor the success and sales of each market, not the wagon which is arbitrary.

How do I manage this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @miap! Welcome to the Seller Community. 🙂

Are you visiting the same locations each year/week or are they different? 

An initial suggestion is to just keep detailed information on what dates your wagon visits each location. While keeping track may seem tedious, this will be the most simple solution toward tracking this information without having multiple locations. You can filter sales, timesheets, etc.,  by date as well. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Some market locations are weekly, most fortnightly, some every other week, and some 1/month.  I'm already keeping manual spreadsheets offline, and it is tedious, that's why I'm asking.  I certainly don't want to be pulling one date at a time in Square reports, remembered by another spreadsheet out of Square, then manually calculated for each field in yet another spreadsheet out of Square.  Your answer is not efficient as it doesn't enable me to pull consolidated reports for sales across a collection of dates, or staff hours or any other trend, and it's not managed in Square, so it doesn't address what my question is.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@miap sorry that it wasn't sufficient. I was hoping to get more information, as you just provided, so that I could attempt to help you more, but unfortunately, multiple locations will be the best option for you at this time. We do not have a way to break up reporting per location of your wagon, so this will need to be manual for the time being. You may want to look at our app partners (found under Apps in the Square Dashboard) to see if we have any that will help your reporting needs. Anything on that page should sync to our dashboard and help you run your business better.

I will pass your feedback forward, and while I understand this is not the answer you are looking for, know that I am doing my best to help with the tools that we have and the information provided to me. 

Thanks for posting and enjoy your day! 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4