x
Beta Member

I would like just item categories in the square app

Forgive me if this is a duplicate but I got a crash/error message when I posted before. 

So I have used Squareapp for 4 years and love it. Last month I built my website using Square/Weebly. All great. 

However, I sell greeting cards, amongst other things, and have 300 individual styles. When I'm at a market, I only want to be able to see, for example, Item "Card $4.50" and put that in x10 if someone buys ten cards. I don't want to be scrolling through the 300+ cards which are now on my Squareapp and choosing that card, then this card, etc. I just want to do the transaction quickly and update my stock later.  

Is there a way to put it back to how it was easily where I had the "Cards $4.50", "Card $3.60", "Gift wrap $3.50" only and not each individual item I have stopped syncing everything. 

Thanks

Gail

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @gailsgifts, thanks for reaching out!

It does sound like you'd benefit from simplifying things a little here!

The key question I have here is are you looking to maintain tracking stock levels of each individual card design you sell? If not, it should just be a matter of revamping your item inventory to have 1 item, eg "Gift Card" instead of having a listing for each and every design.

Alternatively, if you wanted to track exact stock of each card design, you might want to create your items a little more specifically - eg "Birthday Card", "Valentines Day Card", "Mother's Day Card" then list item options/variations as a sub-option of the main item.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2