x

IPad repeatedly losing and receiving power causing printer to disconnect

I have a brand new Square stand, IPad, chip reader and cash drawer. I purchased an Epson printer as recommended. The IPad constantly loses and regains charging power. I have had to turn the sound off as it happens every 10-15 seconds and you continually have the 'ping' in the background when an apple starts charging. It appears this causes the printer to disconnect. The only way to get it reconnected is to remove the IPad from the stand, power it off and on and then carry on. We then have 15 - 20 minutes before the printer is disconnected. We cannot continue on this basis.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @Finesse,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Square Stand.

It sounds like you'd experiencing a known issue with Square Stand and iPads running iOS12.1. You can read more about this issue and how to work around it here.

Our engineers have been working with Apple on a fix, which is due to be released in iOS12.2. In the meantime, you can follow updates at the above linked thread, and hopefully the workarounds will help make this less frustrating in the meantime.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Hi Shaemus

Thanks for the reply. It appears that is exactly the problem. Please keep us posted re the fix.

Hugh

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Will do @Finesse - we'll notify you via this thread once iOS 12.2 is available, you should also receive an email from us.

Usually Apple will also send you a notification via your device when they've updated their operating system - though Apple have not yet announced a release date for iOS12.2, so we don't yet have an ETA.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Cheers Guys. The update has solved the problem. All good.  Hugh

Message 5 of 5