x
Beta Member

No able to send orders for a week as we will be away for a week "Web shop message to customers"

We will be away for about a week and we need to show customers a message at checkout that deliveries will be delayed.

Don't seem to find a way to do that!

Thanks 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @PeterPC,

Adding a message on the checkout page only is doable by adding a Store Policy. Go to Settings / Shared Settings > Checkout > Store Policies. From here you can add custom text that will be shown on the checkout page.

You can also add a banner, or pop-up message to your website to let your customers know that orders will be sent out a little later than usual, by following these steps.

Please let us know how you go ๐Ÿ˜Š

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Hi Arie

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately I don't have:

Settings / Shared Settings > Checkout > Store Policies

Only:

Settings > Device management

Account & Settings

App Integration

The banner pop-up only works the first time someone visits the site (a cookie is created) if they return they don't see the pop-up again.

I am VERY frustrated with the Square system, it seems that it's a half baked system that sometimes takes you to a webbly site and seems to have multiple user interfaces.

I was trying to attach an image of it but as with everything else it seems to be impossible to attach an image.

Peter

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

You'll want to be in the Square Online dashboard, rather than your Point of Sale dashboard to make edits to the Store Policy for your online store @PeterPC

This is what this menu looks like:

Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 1.50.30โ€ฏpm.png

โ€ƒ

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Hi Arie

Thanks appreciated all your help!

You would think that would be easy to add a simple temporary banner for a message or promotion to every page.

Peter

Message 5 of 5