x

One item multiple discounts?

Hi, 

I am currently setting up our discounts.

We have one product and you get discounts the more you purchase

e.g.

1 for $12

2 for $22

3 for $30

4 for $40

However I can only put in the first 2 discounts (1 and 2 bottle), Square won't apply the 3 bottle discount once I add 3 items in. Is there a way it recognizes x3 of the product to apply the 3 bottle discount?

Doesn't seem to have that feature yet and wanted to check?

thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @Corporal.

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

You can set up three types of quantity discounts:

• Exact Quantity: When you add an exact item quantity to your cart, the discount will automatically trigger and apply to the item cost.
  • Minimum Purchase Quantity: When you add a minimum quantity of an item to your cart, a discount will apply to a purchase.
  • Buy One, Get One: When a customer buys a specified quantity of an item or category, a discount will apply towards additions of the same item or towards different item(s) added to the cart. For example, you can create a BOGO discount so that when a customer purchases 2 hats, they’ll receive 50% off the cost of a scarf.

It sounds like you're interested in the Exact Quantity discount. To achieve the kind of discount you want, I believe you would have to create an individual discount per the amount of items in the cart.

For example:

2 of such item, 10% off

3 of such item, 15% off

4 of such item, 20% off

Does that make sense? Let me know if this isn't helpful so I can look into it further. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 3

Thanks I have it working now!

Message 3 of 3