x

Payments working on POS machine, but unable to make purchases on square site.

Hey square community, ive been having a problem with my payments where my square site is not accepting payments through the web.  i can successfully take card payments on the square POS system using the chip reader. Various people who have tested it get the "Payment was declined. Please try again." error. Any feeback would be greatly appreciated, on how to solve this.

cheers

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @simesy,

Thanks for reaching out!

While I'm not able to take a look into the specific transactions in question, it sounds like this is actually an issue on the card provider's end - when a card is "declined" this usually means the issuer won't authorise the transaction for one reason or another.

Your best bet here though would be to get in touch with our customer support team! They will be able to view the transaction and let you know what happened, which is unfortunately something we're not able to look into via our seller community forum. You call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time) or email via this form

Or, you can try our new chat feature:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other"" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message Us"

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks @Seamus after calling the helpdesk, we resolved this by disabling the store and re-enabling it.

Message 3 of 4

@simesy was that just by accepting/ not accepting Online orders. Ord was it deactivating the whole account? We are having the exact same issue.

Message 4 of 4