x

Receipt printing option, content editing & transactions

Hi all,

I have a few questions as following:

1. Is it possible to add "print receipt" option upon checkout when you choose to print receipts manually?
  2. Order ticket stubs only prints after In-person order tickets, however not all of my items would be printed via In-person order tickets, some will go to the sticky label printer. Could Square update this function to enable order ticket stubs be printed on every transaction? It'll benefit takeaway businesses a lot.
  3. How can we edit the ticket numbers? Can we have it reset daily so staff can get a better picture of the number of customers easily?
  4. Are we able to completely delete transactions and reports in bulk? As we are doing staff training on the Square POS and those records are not genuine.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Tea_Stn_Bne,

Thanks for getting back in touch 👋

When manual receipts are turned on, you should see the option to print a paper receipt pop up on your screen - let us know if this isn't coming up for you, and reach out to our support team on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time) for further printer troubleshooting. We'd be able to take a closer look at how you've set this up so far, and create another printer station if needed, too. I can also definitely see how the option to print order ticket stubs for every order would benefit takeaway businesses like yours. I'll pass this suggestion on to the team! 

At this time, ticket numbers can't be reset at the end of the day, and transactions and reports can't be deleted either. Once a transaction is recorded, you can refund it, but a record of the transaction / refund will remain visible, so sales data doesn't get deleted by accident. A workaround to create a blank slate for reports and transactions would be to create a second location under your Square account. Get started creating a new location here. Please let us know how you go 🙂 

Message 2 of 2