x

Turn Off Double Booking?

Hi All,

This question is not about 'booking multiple services' but about accidently booking two people in the same time slot. 

Is there anyway I can prevent this happening?

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Hey @AttentiveA,

Once an appointment has been booked with a given staff member in a given time slot, that time slot with that staff member will become unavailable to book by other customers.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions, or if you're seeing an account-specific issue that is allowing a double booking to occur, please call our support team on 1800 760 137 to look into this further!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9

Thanks @Seamus. I guess I was also concerned that if I clicked on the '+' to make an appointment without looking at the calendar it appears to let me 'double book' myself?

Message 3 of 9
Admin

@AttentiveA the system shouldn't allow you to do this, but if you encounter any issues please let us know 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 9

Hi , this was the whole purpose of my thread and I just checked and yep, I can make 2 appointments at the same time. We only have 1 staff member so that isn't the issue.

The appointments are at the same time, with the same person, which could create big problems down the track....

Have taken a photo of my calendar to show you but can't see where I can add a photo in the thread?

Sent from my iPad

Message 5 of 9

20200624_125623.jpg

Message 6 of 9
Admin

Hey @AttentiveA,

If these bookings are both confirmed for the exact same location and staff member, please give our team a call so they can look into your account and troubleshoot further with you!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 7 of 9

Hi all,

I am having the opposite issue to this - I need to allow multiple clients to book in for the same time slot, but this isn't possible unless I book them myself by adding an appointment. I have made my way through the appointments trouble shooting guide but nothing has helped. Has anyone else come accross this?

Cheers, Louiza

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @yinwardyoga,

Thanks for writing in! 

Do you have multiple staff members on your Square Appointments profile? Appointments would only allow you appointments to be booked in for the same time slot, if you have multiple staff available to take the appointments. If you're looking for a way to make class, or group bookings - this is a feature request for Square Appointments we're currently tracking. Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Message 9 of 9