x

Updating the ABN against an account

Can anyone tell me how to update an ABN against a Square account? We started as a sole trader ABN and now have incorporated a company so need to update it. Every other details is the same including our email address. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @BraisingBoy,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your question, and welcome to the Seller Community! 🤗

Unfortunately, you are unable to change your ABN from individual/sole trader to a company, as updating this information involves a business structure change that we currently cannot support.

Here’s the outline of how to proceed with a new Square Account with the new ABN:

1. Set up a new account under an email address that isn’t already in use on Square. This can be a temporary email address created for this sole purpose. For a refresher on setting up a new account and what information is required, check out our Support Centre.
2. When creating a new account, you can use the same business name and bank account as the original account.
3. Download your payment history from your previous account.
4. Migrate your item library from the old account to the new one.

I hope this helps to clarify the process. Don't hesitate to reach out to us here with any further questions!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2