x

i would like to be able to to let customers buy credits for schedulign

so basicly my business relies on people to book lessons. due to my business relying on wind I sometimes have to cancel these lessons. I would like to be able to:

1 cancel a lesson and the customer is automatically credited to rebook later

2 the option for clients to purchase multiple credits

3 be able to add or remove credits as needed in case something goes wrong. eg sometimes a lesson may be cut short by 1/2 an hour

4 when clients crate accounts they fill out a form with the required information.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @kitesurf,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community 👋

Square doesn't feature a credit system as such, but we have something pretty similar in the form of Gift Cards and eGift Cards. You can set up a web page to sell your eGift cards online to customers, or sell them yourself via the Square Point of Sale app.

You can also refund a transaction to a gift card - you can refund to an eGift card if you don't want to purchase physical cards! While this support article mentions the Point of Sale app, I've tested and this option is also available within the Appointments app under "Transactions". You can also save a gift card number to a customer contact in your customer directory as a card on file.

You can manually clear an entire gift card balance, but to remove a certain amount, you'll need to sell an item (eg a block of time), or simply manually key a custom amount into the app as a sale and have the customer pay the intended amount from the gift card. To add to a gift card, you can select "Gift Cards" from your item list when processing a sale, then Check Balance > Enter the gift card number (or swipe a physical card) > Continue > Add Value.

At the moment buyer intake forms are not a feature of Square appointments, however they are in our development pipeline. While I don't have an ETA to share at the moment, the best place to keep an eye out for new feature updates is via our Product Updates board

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2