x
Beta Member

recording cash

Hi,

We accepted partial cash payment of $5,000 for an Invoice.  We added the partial payment to the invoice as "Cash" on the day we received the payment.  The Invoice still has amount of $355 owing onto it.

My confusion is that the "Square Cash Clearing" account within Xero and the float closing balance have no record of the $5,000 cash.  How does this transaction get posted into Xero so that I can match funds being deposited into my bank account.

I just can't see the $5,000 cash anywhere in Xero for me to post the deposit against.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Ram04,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here in the Seller Community. 

It might be worth reaching out to Xero support here, as the integration is built out by Xero and Amaka You can create a case with Xero support via Amaka’s Help Desk from the help icon in your Xero product, or by going directly to Amaka’s Help Desk. Alternatively, email their team on support@amaka.com

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help here!

Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Hi Arie,

What initially concerns me is that when we took the $5k cash payment, the draw balance within our Square Retail Cash Register failed to reflect the $5,000 coming in.  This is why I feel it's a two step Process.  I initially need to understand how the Square system records the $5,000 cash part payment on the invoice.  Why does it not include it has my cash draw balance.  I'm sure, once its recorded within the cash draw balance then the integration would have no problem pushing it into xero.

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Did you add the cash payment to the invoice via your point of sale app, or dashboard @Ram04? Is cash management enabled? It might also be worth reaching out to our support team directly, as we're not able to look into your outstanding invoices, or how they were paid via this forum. Give us a call on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm AEDT), when you have a moment. 

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Hi Arie,

I've tried calling this number and picking a number of different options to get through to someone.. unfortunately it won't let me progress further without a customer code.  When I enter my customer code, it tells me it's not valid and cuts my call off.

Message 5 of 6
Admin

@Ram04 if you've been prompted to enter a customer code it sounds like you've called outside of business hours. Our phone lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm - if you call during these times you won't need a code!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6