x
Beta Member

Creative use of locations for farmers market vendors

We run a farmers market and are exploring ideas to add convenience options like curbside, drive-thru, etc. for our customers with concerns during the current health crisis. I'm pretty sure it's not meant to be used this way, but in theory, could a farmers market create separate 'locations' for their individual, independent market vendors, each with their own inventory, contact info, bank account, sales tax account, order management, etc. that they could manage themselves? If so, could the market's main account be connected/allowed to help process and fill orders? Would there be privacy, liability, or security concerns between such locations, or between the locations and the market's main account? Would this violate terms of service? Any other ideas that might be a similar kind of fit? TIA!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @NeoshoFM

In theory, you could create locations for each of your individuals to set up their own "shops" in a way. The only thing I would caution - it would be a huge privacy risk for your own account. The person still needs to log in with the main email and password, then chooses which location they want to take transactions for. 

What you're looking for would be a Feature Request for our system. Other sellers, such as hair salon owners, have similar situations. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2