x

Current Drawer Suggestion: A better way to count cash, similar to a Z-Out drawer report

It would be awesome if when I clicked on "End/Start Draw" if the register would open and a screen pop up that always me to enter How much of each denomination I have in the drawer, add it up and give me a total.

I have worked with other POS and Money tender systems that did this and our draw balance was always much more accurate when we used them.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Thanks @Helen 

I don't think either of us was talking about a full blown z-out report (starting cash, ending cash, cash left in drawer).

It was just the cash counting could be easier if Square gave a calculator similar to what's used in most z-out systems when closing the drawer.

Personally I've found an app in the Play Store that does just that and started using it on my phone yesterday. There are several different ones there to fit whatever someone's wants/needs.

This is a screenshot of the one I'm now using...

drawer.png

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I've wondered the same thing. Coming from a system that did that to Square Register, I was surprised it didn't do that.

For those that don't know, this is what's being suggested...

zout_drawer_count3.jpg

But I would also suggest that 2's be added between 5's and 1's. We give $2.00 bills out in change. 😉

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Thanks @BOTC-Mae and @HeatherM!

We've had some other requests around Z-Out reporting (Square doesn't have a Z-Out report at this time) so I've updated the title of this post. We'll let you know if something similar to this is available with Square Register or Square Point of Sale in future. Thanks again for your posts! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 5

Best Answer

Thanks @Helen 

I don't think either of us was talking about a full blown z-out report (starting cash, ending cash, cash left in drawer).

It was just the cash counting could be easier if Square gave a calculator similar to what's used in most z-out systems when closing the drawer.

Personally I've found an app in the Play Store that does just that and started using it on my phone yesterday. There are several different ones there to fit whatever someone's wants/needs.

This is a screenshot of the one I'm now using...

drawer.png

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Oh I see I see. I've updated the title slightly and I went ahead and marked your reply as the Best Answer. This means other seller will find your workaround (thank you) while we work to improve cash drawer reporting.

Thanks again @HeatherM!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 5