x

Detailed transaction report with full customer details

Hi,

We're hoping to use our Square setup for some upcoming events, but need to ensure we can get the reporting that we need.

I'm looking for a way to get reports that include the following information per-transaction:

1. Full customer details, including phone number and address

2. Full item details for each item in the transaction, including Quantity, SKU and Item Modifiers

3. Any notes entered in along with the item at the time of sale.

I tried to look through the existing reporting functionality, and the "Item Sales" detailed report gets pretty close to a workable solution, but it does not include full customer details.  Any idea how to include that in a single report without having to do a separate export of the customer database and then applying some kind of join or lookup between them?

Message 1 of 28
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @MMD, sorry to see you haven't received a response to your post yet! There isn't a report that will have all of this info, unfortunately. The Transaction CSV will have most of it, excluding the customer's contact info. That spreadsheet would have to be referenced against your Customers page and/or export for their contact info. 

I agree it would be nice to have it all in one place! I'll pass on the suggestion, but let us know if you have any other questions.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

In order to fulfill an order I need to download a report of customer names, cell phone numbers and emails who purchased a specific item.

Message 22 of 28

Almost 4 years later and this isn't implemented? I'm relatively new to square, but I don't think I'll be around for long. I'm sure a competitor has a solution... Actually, it seems like a fundamental request. Solution isn't the right word... Better product perhaps...

Message 23 of 28

Message 24 of 28
Alumni

Not necessarily a summary of discount usage but a Transactions Details Report will show the discounted amount for each payment and the customer's name if Square was able to capture it or if you attached the customer to a sale using Customer Management

Export the report from Dashboard > Transactions > Export in the top right corner. 

@GreekishRican

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 28

Thank you - that works but it does not identify the discount used just the amount - I’m good for now but as we grow this will be an issue - any workaround? 

Message 26 of 28

We offer classes and sell tickets online and in store.  We need a way to print out a list of all who bought a specific event ticket including the customer names and contact info.  Silly to have to go through all the export file to look for just the one class and create our own attendee list.    Also would be helpful to know everyone's info on  who bought a specific product.   This has been an issue for a long time.  A simple field option search adjustment.  Should not be difficult.  We can get the summary of how many specific things sold but not of who bought them.  

Message 27 of 28

At this point, I will be recommending that my organization find an alternative service.  The fact that we can't run a transaction report that shows customer addresses tied to specific orders indicates SquareUp is just not a serious contender in this space.  I will now have to spend hours either going through each order to manually extract addresses or learn some complicated Excel processes to cross-reference multiple reports and hope I don't make a minor mistake that results in an unreliable report.

Message 28 of 28