x

Feature Request: Credit cards on file - report by expiration date

I can tell that features for virtual terminal/cards on file lag way behind point of sale.  Not even a discussion section for virtual terminal.

So, as someone whose sales are 95% virtual terminal with cards on file, how best to track expiration dates?  I don't see a report for this or any way to do it with a custom report.  Simple would be a field one could choose for the transactions report.  If I include expiration date, I could sort by that field and see which have or are about to expire.  One draw back would be that some customers have more than one card on file.  So, ideally, a report for saved cards by expiration date.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

For this data, even having it available in export to CSV would work.  I wish all data fields were available by export at least.  That would eliminate many requests.

But even that is a work around that should be included as basic reporting within the app, IMO.

Message 2 of 8
Admin

Hey @pstrisik thanks for sharing this request! I definitely see how a report showing when a card is expiring or a report letting you know which cards are expiring soon would help you to  better manage payments. For security reasons though I believe the expiration date wouldn't be included in an exportable report. Currently you can view a customer's card (or cards) on file from your Customer Directory.

I'll share your feedback with the Virtual Terminal Team! Thanks also for letting us know you'd like to see a specific area here in the Community for Virtual Terminal. We don't automatically create a section for every product but I'll see what we can do. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 8

What about maybe getting a notification when a card on file is going to expire in X days or weeks?

Message 4 of 8

I also need a report showing which customers' cards on file are expired.

Message 5 of 8
Admin

@CurlGirl

Happy to continue to pass this request to our Product team. I can surely see how this is a beneficial report to have, and keeps you from running into a situation where a clients' card is not longer valid. Happy to pass it to the team.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 6 of 8

I have a great deal of clients that we keep their credit card info stored in Square. When will you give business the ability to run a monthly report so we know when are expiring soon? And will the owner of the card get an email notification too?

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Hey @UST! I unfortunately don't have an ETA of when (or if, for that matter) this would be implemented. It's still considered a Feature Request. But if we hear of any progress we'll update this thread.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 8 of 8