x

Feature Request: Liaison Customer accounts for appointments

I appreciate the data generated by customer accounts for business end analytics throught the Square Appointments app. But in my, perhaps unique circumstance, this doesn't provide a complete solution. 

I provide appointment based services directly to businesses at various locations. A majority of customers at those locations can and do use their own customer account through square, but often many of those customers (employees of the businesses I visit) do not have access or time available to make appointments on their own - so a HR representative acts on their behalf. It's impractical for that HR rep to log in and out of accounts for my convenience... so they often create appointment tethered to a single email address, creating multiple "new customer" profiles, for which I have to consolidate duplicates later.

I'd like to suggest a Liason Customer Account. This account would have the ability to create and manage appointments on behalf of existing or new users. Clearly, each account would need to provide permissions to this Liason Account to act on their behalf as a trusted individual. This would hopefully preserve the accuracy of the data used from individual customer accounts for my own business analytics that is already a powerful feature within the Square Appointments app.

This would be a wonderful convenience for my customers and myself. I hope there are other's within the community who can appreciate this request and could benefit from it if implemented.

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @AlignHQ, welcome to the Seller Community! 😀

I definitely understand why you want this. At Square we have sellers that offer acupuncture, chiropractic, and acupuncture services. So, I get the aspect of visiting various business and having clients at each one. 

Not only could an HR department benefit from this, but executives with assistants. I don't think this is on our roadmap right now, but that could always change in the future. 

I've gone ahead and moved your thread to the Feature Request board of the Seller Community. From here we will track feedback from other sellers requesting this feature. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Best Answer

Hello @AlignHQ, welcome to the Seller Community! 😀

I definitely understand why you want this. At Square we have sellers that offer acupuncture, chiropractic, and acupuncture services. So, I get the aspect of visiting various business and having clients at each one. 

Not only could an HR department benefit from this, but executives with assistants. I don't think this is on our roadmap right now, but that could always change in the future. 

I've gone ahead and moved your thread to the Feature Request board of the Seller Community. From here we will track feedback from other sellers requesting this feature. 

Message 2 of 2