x

Feature Request: Purchase Multiple eGift Cards in One Transaction

I am a massage therapist and want to offer a December special for anyone that purchases $150 or more in eGift cards for themself or for others as gifts.  My only issue is that If a client wants to purchase several individual eGift cards that add up to $150 instead of just one eGift card, there is no option to add several cards at one single checkout to get the discount.  How can I make this happen?  Is it possible?  

Message 1 of 15
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Purchase Multiple eGift Cards in One Transaction

Hello @jessemariesutto

Currently customers can only purchase one eGift Card at a time. I went ahead and moved your thread to the Feature Request Board of the Seller Community. From here we will track feedback from sellers making the same request. 

If you have questions please feel free to reach out to me! 🙂

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @jessemariesutto

Currently customers can only purchase one eGift Card at a time. I went ahead and moved your thread to the Feature Request Board of the Seller Community. From here we will track feedback from sellers making the same request. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Best Answer

Hello @jessemariesutto

Message 2 of 15

Thank you so much! Yes this would be a seriously appreciated feature!

Message 3 of 15

Any update on adding this feature?

Message 4 of 15
Square Community Moderator

@Tamarahyah Thanks for asking! Unfortunately, at this time there are no updates, but we are actively tracking it. Please follow this thread as we will post any product announcements regarding this feature request here. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 15
Beta Member

A local factory wants to purchase 220 egift cards for $20 each - do I still need to purchase create the individually, that is a ton of work.

Message 6 of 15
Beta Member

Just as an update - I ended up printing my own certificates and merged them with numbers I made up.  The price of physical cards is so high that this saved me a ton and I kept the unused amount purchased - it was $1500 on the 220 "cards" I sold plus I did not spend $200 on the physical cards.  Also, it was very quick to create coupon codes for online ordering and we treated the paper certificates as cash when handed to us.  

Message 7 of 15
Beta Member

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: bulk e-gift cards

I have a customer who wants to buy 100 gift cards to send to their employees - great! but any way to do this in bulk? online it looks like they can only do 1 at a time.

Message 8 of 15
Alumni

@bibisbakery - You are correct, egifts can only purchased one a time unfortunately 😔

Justin
Message 9 of 15
Super Seller Alumni

I definitely second that request for bulk egift card buying please!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 10 of 15
Alumni

👋 I got you down @pessosices! Totally understand the need for this feature and we'll be sure to provide product announcements as they come. 

Justin
Message 11 of 15
Beta Member

Is this still the case that multiple e-gift cards can not be purchased in bulk?

Message 12 of 15

How do I sell a series of e-gift cards? I only see how to generate one at a time. 
thank you 

Message 13 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi @TeaC - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding selling multiple egift cards. Take a look at this Best Answer from Chad here for more information.

Let me know if you have any clarifying questions!

Joe
Message 14 of 15

My customers have also requested the ability to purchase many e- gift cards at once. It is cumbersome to purchase one at a time! Please add this feature! 

Message 15 of 15