x

Gift Card Balance Report by Customer, or: an ability to "Top-Up"

I have a few uses for a feature like this, so I'm wondering if I've missed seeing this functionality or if this should be a feature request!  Basically, my hope is that gift cards can be tied to customer accounts in the Square database (this exists), but that that database could be searched/filtered/exported to display gift card numbers and balances by customer name, and an ability to add funds to cards via the Dashboard (the quantity I'd be looking to do this for would make adding funds via the app overly-cumbersome).  I'd like the "top up" certain customers' gift cards every quarter to a specific amount (not just add, say, $10 to everyone, but add enough to each that everyone has $10 at the beginning of the quarter).

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @NossaFamilia, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up.

I went to check on this and the ability to manage gift cards to the degree that you've laid out isn't available at this time. I'll be sure to raise your post to our Point of Sale Team and point out that surfacing more gift card data would be helpful for your workflow. Out of curiosity, can you let me know a bit more on why you'd like to add a certain amount of money to multiple customers' gift cards in bulk?

Appreciate you taking the time to share these details—I'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2