x

How can customers see their own currency while shopping?

My online store only has my currency and my customers are always asking me the conversion rates. Why can't they switch between currencies? Would honestly make life easier

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey there, @BHanson

Thank you for reaching out on the Community! 

Your Online Store is going to be in the currency that you set it up in. Whenever the customer checks out, they will be charged in their currency (possibly conversion fee depending on their bank or credit card company). 

This would be a great Feature Request for our Product Team and I will go ahead and tag them. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Best Answer

Hey there, @BHanson

Thank you for reaching out on the Community! 

Your Online Store is going to be in the currency that you set it up in. Whenever the customer checks out, they will be charged in their currency (possibly conversion fee depending on their bank or credit card company). 

This would be a great Feature Request for our Product Team and I will go ahead and tag them. 

Kassi
Message 2 of 7

Thank you @Kassi_ for your answer. 

That would be a great idea because I have International customers and it would be a great help for both myself and for them. 

hopefully square team will give it go 😁

Message 3 of 7

@BHanson

You're welcome! I am happy to do so.

Kassi
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Is there a way to show a currency selector at the top of the page, and allow customers to pick the display currency on my store?  Even though the transaction will be processed in my native currency, I would like it to display differently.  My own search attempts suggest "no".

Is it even possible to make this as an addon/plugin?  I can't figure out how to find any for Square Online.  The only portal for this I can find is for Square itself.  Square Online doesn't seem to have any support for this, unless you can put custom code into the Integration flow.

And following on that, does anyone know if this is even hypothetically possible with the integration flow?  Does it seem like something that could be done if someone put in the work for it?

Message 5 of 7

Hi @PermafrostDes,

I moved your post to an existing feature request thread for this.

Check out the best answer for details.

Ashley C
Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

Hi @ashc,

The details here only answer the start of my post, but give me no information for the meat of my question.

Is it hypothetically possible for the community to make an add-in, plug-in, or extra bit of code of some sort that would manage this?

I'm sure it's doable in Weebly, but I'm not sure about the stripped down sandbox in Square Online.  I'm a programmer, but the wrong flavour, and it would take me a long time to figure out whether the answer it's impossible because I can't figure it out vs it's actually impossible in the framework.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 7