x

How do I assign transactions to other team members under master login?

i'm a salon owner and rather than have each of our stylists ring out clients I want our receptionist to ring out clients; how do I set up system to where she can assign services to a Team Member?  

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @budgetcutssalon

Welcome to the Community. 

Thank you for reaching out with your question about adding Team Members to transactions. Currently, you would only be able to add Customers to the transactions, not team members. 

This would be a Feature Request for our Product Team and I would be happy to tag the appropriate team. I can see this would be a huge benefit for businesses like yours, so I appreciate you adding your voice. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @budgetcutssalon

Welcome to the Community. 

Thank you for reaching out with your question about adding Team Members to transactions. Currently, you would only be able to add Customers to the transactions, not team members. 

This would be a Feature Request for our Product Team and I would be happy to tag the appropriate team. I can see this would be a huge benefit for businesses like yours, so I appreciate you adding your voice. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Hi @Kassi_ 

I would also like to request for this feature. Not only add team members but edit them from a transaction.

Let me explain:
The store manager left his login to SQUARE for retail. An employee finished a sale. Obviously SQUARE assigned the sale to the Manager instead of the employee.

How can we fix it?

Message 3 of 6

We'd also like to request this feature. 

Sometimes our Team members forget to login when they complete a transaction.  So then the service does not get associated with the correct Team member.  It would be nice to be able to make these kind of corrections for reporting. 

It would be nice to be able to not allow transaction to be completed unless a person is logged in.  Also make it so it auto-logouts after each transaction.  That would prevent this whole scenario from even happening in the first place.  

Message 4 of 6

I agree. A team member made transactions for an entire day under another team member’s login and I cannot change it. This will now assign commission to the wrong team member. This should really be addressed. Thank you.

Message 5 of 6

Since our transition to Square back in April.  We are seriously considering switching back to our previous POS system.  For all the nice features Square does offer.  It doesn't seem to be worth it if we are constantly having to review reports to verify payroll, as we are a tipping establishment, and we like being able to payout tips for our staff at end of shift each day...

Also I have to assume the lack of acknowledgement from anyone from Square that this issue is likely not going to be resolved anytime soon.  Bottom line is it should not be this difficult...  At the very least can we make it so we can edit the transaction owner?

Message 6 of 6