x

How do I locate a missing Square reader?

My square is missing.  I believe it's not gone, I've just misplaced it. Is there a way to make it beep or locate it using GPS with my app on my phone or something like that?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @J-Biz !

Unfortunately, there's no tracking device inside the reader to locate it. In the chance you can't find it, you can order another one from our Online Shop

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @J-Biz !

Unfortunately, there's no tracking device inside the reader to locate it. In the chance you can't find it, you can order another one from our Online Shop

Justin
Message 2 of 5

Thank you for responding.  I found it, thank goodness.

It would be great if there was some way to track the square and/or to have it beep; just like a button that can be pressed on the base of a cordless phone to find the handset.  As I use it in the field so sometimes even though the special pocket in my bag that I put it in if it falls in two different section or whatever it would be great to have...turned out this case I must have put in my jacket pocket at the end of the day when I was tired and it fell under my car seat!  I get that most of the time finding your Square shouldn't be an issue... But for the way I use it it's possible for it to get misplaced on occasion, as I'm not in a stationary situation like a store.  I'm going from client to client, then home oh, there's a lot more chance of accidentally misplacing it.

Cheers

Message 3 of 5

Thank you for responding.  I found it, thank goodness.

It would be great if there was some way to track the square and/or to have it beep; just like a button that can be pressed on the base of a cordless phone to find the handset, as I use it in the field... so, sometimes, even though I place it in a special pocket in my bag, with all my getting in and out of a car and going to different appointments all day and then using it at my home office, it would sure be great to have a locating function.

Turned out in this case that I must have put my Square in my jacket pocket at the end of the day when I was tired and it fell under my car seat!  I understand that most of the time finding your Square shouldn't be an issue... But for the way I use it it's possible for it to get misplaced on occasion, as I'm not in a stationary situation like a store.  I'm going from client to client, then my home office, there's a lot more chance of accidentally misplacing it with my type of usage.  I'm sure I'm not alone.

Cheers

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

@J-Biz - Sweet!  I'm glad you found it.

And you're not alone -- I'm constantly losing stuff, so I feel you on this one. For now, I've moved your thread to the feature request board of the Seller Community so we can gather more feedback from other sellers with the same request. I'll be sure to loop back here when I heard any updates about this.

Thanks for posting!  

Justin
Message 5 of 5