x

How do I switch to categories in checkout

So when I go to select items to checkout it just shows my items but I’d like to first be able to select the category.. yes all my items are listed under a category name but it shows up like this and it is really confusing as to what each is.. 

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @CaseysHairEnvy, thanks for surfacing.

I see what you mean—it looks like you're using a mobile phone with Point of Sale which does have some limitations in terms of item and category display.

My initial thoughts on working through this are the following:

• If you know the exact name of the item that's being sold, you can search for it in the field just below the Charge button.
  • Alternatively, if you have access to a larger tablet—you can sign in to your same Point of Sale account and use the grid feature which allows you to customize a screen to display your most frequently sold categories. For more information on how to set this up, have a look here: Set Up Your Item Grid on a Tablet.

I realize that the first of these two solutions may not be ideal, especially in a fast-paced work environment. Rest assured that I'll share your post with our Point of Sale team and point out a need for more display options on smaller mobile device screens.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

B30549D4-2280-4F1C-8443-F861410F0A63.png

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @CaseysHairEnvy, thanks for surfacing.

I see what you mean—it looks like you're using a mobile phone with Point of Sale which does have some limitations in terms of item and category display.

My initial thoughts on working through this are the following:

• If you know the exact name of the item that's being sold, you can search for it in the field just below the Charge button.
  • Alternatively, if you have access to a larger tablet—you can sign in to your same Point of Sale account and use the grid feature which allows you to customize a screen to display your most frequently sold categories. For more information on how to set this up, have a look here: Set Up Your Item Grid on a Tablet.

I realize that the first of these two solutions may not be ideal, especially in a fast-paced work environment. Rest assured that I'll share your post with our Point of Sale team and point out a need for more display options on smaller mobile device screens.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 5

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Quick Question Regarding Categories

Silly question I know, but I am having a hard time finding the answer. Basically, in Square you are able to create different categories of products. All I want to know is how do I make sure upon the checkout process that I will only see the products from a specific category and not the whole list? Right now it defaults to all products.

Thanks for your time!

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Hello @Slimzash! I'm so sorry for this late reply! I've added your post over to this thread where Tom has answered this question.

If you have any additional questions click Reply to let me know.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 5