x

Is there a way to have the notes section print in red?

Right now our “modifiers” for different menu items print in red in the kitchen, but the “notes” section (where we can explain any additional modifications or specifications) prints in black leading to mix ups. I was wondering if there is a way to get the notes section to print in red or any other bright color? Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

I've noticed that too and have always wondered why the typed in changes aren't in red. One thing to notice is that there is a hyphen in front of all typed orders. It's a small distinction but it's there.

Those kitchen printers are only capable of two colors usually (black and red), so multicolored tickets probably won't happen soon, but I agree with you that the typed in instructions should be red.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

It would be very helpful for us too, to be able to customize how tickets are printing to the kitchen. Joining this thread in hopes of an update.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

@BlindSwine

Are you using Square for Restaurants or just the POS app?  We'd be happy to pass this Feature Request to the appropriate team. I just want to specify which team that is. 😃

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Square for Restaurants

Message 5 of 6
Admin

@BlindSwine

Thanks so much for the feedback. I have moved this post to the Feature Request board, and will forward it to our Restaurants team.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 6 of 6