x

Is there a way to split an order ticket into two tickets when printed based on the item?

We serve breakfast and smoothies (two different stations) and we have one kitchen printer.  I would like to know if there is a way to have the order ticket automatically print two tickets based on the category of whats on the order. For example, If someone gets a breakfast sandwich and two smoothies, we can keep the sandwhich part of the ticket in the line and the smoothie portion can be brought to the smoothie station. I really dont want to have to buy another printer.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Welcome to the seller community, @BoxBistro, and thanks for bringing this up!

At this time, there isn't a setting that can split the order ticket into two from a single printer. I can certainly see how having this option would help keep costs down and I'll be sure to surface your post with our Point of Sale team. For now, it sounds like the most streamlined option is to set up a printer at each station: one printer for printing smoothie categories, and one printer for sandwiches categories, etc.

For more on getting this configured for your restaurant, have a look at Russell's reply here: Menu item printed on our cashier printer but would not print on kitchen printer.

Hope this helps get you where you need to be. Thanks for your patience as we're always working on improvements based on seller feedback. Let us know if you have any other concerns. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2