x

Will the Square USB hub work without Square Stand?

Will the square usb hub function without the square stand?

Specically I am interested in using it to provide power to my ipad and connectivity to a Star TSP 100 USB printer.

Does onyone know if this would work?

Message 1 of 22
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

I reached out to our Product Team to get some more information on this for you, @Jay1

This is not the intended use for the Square Stand USB Hub. Using the hub in this way is not supported and will limit our ability to offer help should you need help. 

I also advise against using a thermal printer for your kitchen. The warm environment of a kitchen can lead to the tickets being illegible. We recommend using a supported kitchen ticket printer that can withstand warm environments. 

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Alumni

@zdc_123 - I moved your post to this thread where @Jay1 and @Vapat had a similar question. 

@Art_D - you're definitely right, this is not a supported way to use the app or hardware. Personally, I don't have a background in this - with that said, some sellers do use Square products in ways that are not tested or supported and have some success (note: if you use the app or hardware in a way other than intended, our Support Team won't be able to help). 

With that said, I'm really curious to know if any of you could share if you have tried these workarounds.

Message 22 of 22