x

bulk sales

If I need to charge a large group of customers for the same purchase, can I upload sales in bulk and process them or must they be entered one at a time?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @KSchroyer

Currently this isn't something we offer, but I would love to learn more about this. Did you have a payment processor that offered this style of payments? 

I'll make sure to share this thread with our Product Team! 

Message 2 of 4

I think it is something that you would get in Accounting software. We had it in Blackbaud's Education Edge but that system is no longer supported and the new Blackbaud system, Smart Tuition, does not have the capability yet (although they are supposed to be getting it someday).

I spoke at length last evening with a knowledgable Square phone support person and she was interested in the business problem as well. As specialty versions of Square are coming out for industries like retail and restaurant, ya'll should really consider a Square for Schools. I work in a private boarding school and although we are using Square for our school store point of sale, we would love to be able to charge other student fees through the Square.  Typically we get an excel spreadsheet with charges listed for 10 to 200 students at a time and it would be nice not to have to enter each charge individually. 

Also we use the Square gift card functionality to create 'student expense accounts'. We load the card with the expense account deposits made by the parents. Put the gift card as a 'card on file' on the students customer profile and then use that payment method whenever the student charges in the store. It would be awesome if we could provide visibility into the student account to the parent via a web portal or something. Do you know if any of the Square APIs would allow us to provide that to them via our website? 

Thanks,

Kay

Message 3 of 4

@KSchroyer I'll have to take a look at Blackbaud in my free time. I definitely see how this could save time for a number of businesses. I've gone ahead and moved this thread to our feature request board so our Product Managers and Product Marketing Managers can view it. 

I reached out to our API Support Team about the portal for parents. It is possible to do this as long as you're using Visa, MasterCard, or Discovery issued gift cards. You would be able to use the API to gather all of the information, but your web developer would have to build the portal from scratch. 

If you still have questions please feel free to reach out! 

Message 4 of 4