x
Admin

Ask a Super Seller: Devin with Fatback’s BBQ

Hello Sellers! 

I'm super excited to introduce you to @Devin3627 with Fatback’s BBQ! On August 25th, at 10am PT / 1pm ET, we're hosting a Q&A with Devin who will accept questions posted in this thread. Not only does he have nearly a decade of experience in the food & beverage industryhe builds websites & apps, and he's passionate about helping people start & develop their own businesses. Learn more about his story below:

Hey all! I’m super excited this week to host the Square Ask a Super Seller Q&A. To start, despite my age (21), I’ve been in the restaurant industry for over 9 years! I have had numerous experiences, from bootstrapping our own restaurant from the ground up, to serving and building others’ businesses through my marketing company. I am a fresh graduate from Samford University, where I studied Marketing and Entrepreneurship, while learning graphic design and software development all at the same time. Currently, I am a full time Software Engineer while still maintaining my duties alongside my parents restaurant.

That’s enough about me, because this week, I’d like to make it about you! We’ve possibly just gone through one of the most culture-shifting years in over a decade for not only our country, but the world collectively. In this “new” society that has bloomed, technology lives beyond the forefront of each of our days. Additionally, living styles, routines, patterns and habits of people have all changed–most of them don’t even go into the office on a regular basis anymore! So there are tons of things to think about when we talk about how to optimize your business and how best to reach your customers in this new-new digital age. 

I am welcoming any and all types of questions, whether it be about work-life balance, how to drive more customers using social media, or even how to create an appealing and enticing website. After all, this is a Q&A, so feel free to throw anything at me!

Lastly, I’d love to see you all there next Wednesday at 12pm CST! And if you can’t make it, feel free to reach out to me at any point @ devin@fatbacksbbq.com or you can connect with me via LinkedIn!

Example Questions:

• I want to turn my hobby into a full-time business, how will I know when the time is right?
  • How can I improve my online presence and drive more customers to my website?
  • How do you manage risks and decision making with your business?

Click Reply below to ask your question ahead of time, and he’ll answer as many questions as he can on Thursday, August 25th!
👇

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 26
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey guys! I have finished the responses! I'll add some comments soon, but the video is "chaptered" meaning each person has their own section so you can jump right to it or you can watch it front to back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpeSiUyxopQ&ab_channel=FatbacksBBQ

Here's the link to the chapters that are in the description! It won't let me post them for whatever reason right now!

[Bookmarks added below by a Community Moderator.]

View Best Answer >

Message 26 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Admin

Hello Everyone — thanks for visiting this Q&A! We're accepting questions for @Devin3627 through the end of the hour (11am PT / 2pm ET).

Drop in your question by clicking the blue Reply button and he'll address them in his followup video later today. Looking forward to hearing from you and keep an eye on this thread for updates!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 22 of 26
Beta Member

Would love to hear your thoughts, including pros & cons of Square's delivery on demand feature. I am in the processing of launching an online store of frozen dumplings, fresh hot sauces etc available for curb side pick up. I'm curious to see if Square's delivery option is a fiscally viable option for a small online store start up like mine. 

Message 23 of 26
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @Kyikyi! I hope I was able to give a bit of clarity as to why I think on demand delivery is THA BOMB!:). If you have any other questions or want to run anything by me, feel free to do so:)

Message 24 of 26
Beta Member

Hello, sorry I'm late to the party.  As the business has grown did you all every experience stagnant times with growth.  What did you do to overcome this? 

Message 25 of 26
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey guys! I have finished the responses! I'll add some comments soon, but the video is "chaptered" meaning each person has their own section so you can jump right to it or you can watch it front to back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpeSiUyxopQ&ab_channel=FatbacksBBQ

Here's the link to the chapters that are in the description! It won't let me post them for whatever reason right now!

[Bookmarks added below by a Community Moderator.]

Message 26 of 26