x
Admin

Ask a Super Seller: Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream

On August 5th, at 11am PT / 2pm ET@pessosices hosted a Q&A in the Seller Community. He's been in the food & beverage business for 17+ years and has extensive experience with Square Loyalty, Square Register Hardware, Square Payroll, and Sales Reports. Learn more about his story below:

Hey friends!

My name is Pesso, your Q&A host! I opened up Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream (www.pessosices.com) in Queens, New York, in 2004 with my dad, and we've been running it together ever since. 

I'm excited to answer your questions about me, my business, and how I've used Square to expand and improve my business. I've learned a lot from other sellers, so I'm thrilled to be here to give you another business owner’s perspective, and help out where I can.

Here's more about me and my Ice Cream shop:

•     My dad and I make every single flavor of our homemade Italian Ices, Ice Cream, and Gelato ourselves, right in the back of our shop. We've come a long way in the last 17 years, and using Square products since 2012 has helped us tremendously.

pessosices.jpeg

•     My favorite thing about using Square is how I’ve used the Data and Sales Reports to do everything from finding & cutting low performing products, to figuring out our optimal store hours and staffing, and more. We also use Square Loyalty to reward our frequent customers and as an incentive to keep them coming back. This also works great with the Square Register Hardware that has sped up our service tremendously. On the back end of our business, Square Payroll has been an absolute lifesaver to save time on administrative work, so I can focus on ice cream making. 

pesso.jpeg

•.    I've also been a Square Super Seller since 2016, which means I've been here in the Seller Community every week since then, answering questions, writing articles, and helping small business owners like yourself.

I'm excited to answer your questions, so feel free to ask me about my experiences in business and with Square. I’ll be replying to your answers within this post, but I’ll be posting a video of myself as a conclusion and roundup.

Thanks for joining, and I’m looking forward to seeing and answering your questions!

-Pesso

P.S. I am just a small business owner like you, so I can't help with any account based questions, but I am great at helping with business strategy ideas and for making Square products work for you!

Example Questions:

1. How has Square Payroll helped you? Is it worth making the switch?
  2. Square Register looks really cool. How has it been working for you?
  3. Staying in business for 17 years is a huge accomplishment! How did you make it work for that long?

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 67
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey friends!

Thanks so much everyone for joining me here for this Q&A.

It was a ton of fun hearing all of your fantastic questions, and being able to share my experiences and Square knowledge.

Some key takeaways that kept coming up are:

• Using Square Loyalty to keep your customers coming back, and how Square Register is a great tool to easily use Loyalty

• Sending out targeted & strategic emails to your customers using Square Marketing to keep customers engaged, keeping them updated with key information about your business, and even as a great tool for hiring

• Reaching out to local news organizations as a huge way to promote your business and get new customers

• Taking advantage of social media by posting often and using video to your advantage to really showcase your business

• Using Reports & Sales Data from Square to cut down on your highest effort and lowest selling items, and to cut down on your hours to save on labor and other expenses

• Figuring out what the best customer experience and product flow is to make things as smooth and easy as possible for your staff and your customers

And a whole lot more! 

Thanks again to the whole Square Team ( @Tom & @isabelle & @aarontw & @Helen ) for putting this together and having me, and for all of you for joining me here. 

Feel free to ask more questions here or in the rest of the Seller Community, and myself, the Square Team, and more of our awesome Super Sellers will be more than happy to help out and share our experiences. 

If you want to follow along with my business, check us out at www.pessosices.com, and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/pessosices 

I hope you have a great rest of your day, and I’ll see you in the Seller Community! 
Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 58 of 67
66 REPLIES 66
Super Seller

Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge and experience. It’s much appreciated 

Message 64 of 67
Super Seller

Thank you for sharing @pessosices, I know where I'll have to stop next time I'm in New York! 🙂

Sammy Grace

Please Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 65 of 67
Super Seller Alumni

Thank you so much @SammyGrace2414 ! That would rock!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 66 of 67
Super Seller

Loved reading this! I wish we had your business in Atlanta! 

Message 67 of 67