x
Square

Live Q&A: Ask us anything about Square Loyalty 🌟

On Thursday, February 23, the Square Loyalty team hosted a Q&A (@cspillane@seiderman, and @lornaz) alongside Square small business evangelist and former Super Seller, @Pesso (former owner of Pesso’s Ices & Ice Cream with 5+ years of experience using Square Loyalty at his business).

We heard what’s working well for your business, as well as ways we can better serve your needs.

Square-Registerpng.jpg

Ciara Spillane
Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Square
Square Loyalty
Message 1 of 142
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi Community,

Thank you for taking the time to join the Loyalty Q&A. Corey Seiderman, Lorna Zhang and I enjoyed the interactions and especially appreciated Aylon Pesso (former Super Seller and owner of Pesso’s Ices & Ice Cream) joining in on the conversation. Our #1 goal as the team behind Square Loyalty is to build a product that supports your needs. We’re grateful you took the time to ask questions and share your perspective — so again, thank you!

To close out the event, here’s a recap on recurring themes we saw:

1. How can I get set up with Square Loyalty? 

• Check out this Getting Started guide for an overview of how Square Loyalty works + a step-by-step walkthrough of setting up your program.
  • Bonus: this FAQ page also has some good content in it. 

2. Can I structure my loyalty program in tiers?

• This functionality is coming soon! The Loyalty team recently launched status tiers to Beta which allows sellers to customize their earning rules based on the depth and/or tenure of different buyer groups. Stay tuned for more information; we’ll announce broadly when the feature becomes generally available. 

3. Does Square Loyalty work with Square Invoices? 

• Yes! Customers can now enroll and accrue points via invoiced orders (and when returns are processed, points are deducted accordingly). 
  • Note: reward redemption is still limited to checkout at your point of sale or via your Square Online site. 

4. Where can my customers see their loyalty points?

• Cash App — Customers can see their total points balance, available rewards, and recent loyalty activity via Cash App.
  • Digital receipts — Customers can see points earned from the transaction tied to the receipt.
  • Loyalty status page — Linked at the top of the digital receipt, customers can see their total point balance, available rewards, and any recent loyalty activity. Check out your custom URL here, and share it if you like.
  • Apple Wallet — While physical loyalty cards aren’t currently available, buyers using Apple Pay on Square Register will be prompted to add a digital loyalty pass to their Apple Wallet. From there, buyers can enroll, check-in, and see their total points balance via the pass. 

5. Is Square Loyalty integrated with Square Marketing? 

• Yes! If you subscribe to Square Email or Text Message Marketing, you can send text message (US-only) or email marketing campaigns to your customers about your Loyalty program and any promotions you might be running. As a part of enrollment into your loyalty program, buyers provide their phone numbers. Additionally, enabling the “Collect Contacts” feature via your Square Loyalty settings allows new buyers to receive a text message offering an additional amount of points (set by you) in exchange for giving you their email address. Learn how to enable Email Collection

For the latest features and functionalities, check out Square’s Product Updates feed.

Until next time, 

-Ciara

Ciara Spillane
Square Loyalty

View Best Answer >

Message 138 of 142
141 REPLIES 141

Hi Sorry for the late reply.

I already know that's how all that works, I'm asking for an update to those features. Category restrictions or not, the discount should come off the entire cart. Please ask the coding team to update this 

Also, in almost all other businesses with reward schemes do you earn rewards on the purchase where rewards are redeemed. Please update the rewards program so we as retailers at least have that option.

Message 22 of 142
Super Seller

I am confused about your meaning. I’ve had loyalty set up for my business since the loyalty program was introduced and I have it set so that the customer earns 1 star for every 20 dollars of their purchase ( excluding gift cards) and when they have 10 stars they can redeem for 10% off their entire purchase. In reading your comment it appears that you’re requesting a change to allow the reward discount to apply to the entire cart but that’s already possible and has been since the beginning. 

Message 23 of 142
Super Seller

I know we have discussed this in another thread but I would like to ask again about adding Loyalty to Apple Wallet use Square Terminal. What is the time line?

Message 24 of 142
Beta Member

This already works.

Message 25 of 142
Super Seller

What are the steps for set up? Don't think this is working with Square Terminal yet. 

Message 26 of 142
Beta Member

I think you need Square Register.

Message 27 of 142
Square

Hi @perkits , appreciate your interest in Square Loyalty’s recent Apple Wallet integration. Right now this feature is only available when using Square Register. While I don’t have a definitive timeline to share, we are hoping to make this available on additional devices, including Square Terminal, some time later this year. We’ll be sure to reach out with more information as we make progress.

Message 28 of 142
Beta Member

Is it necessary to have text messaging marketing and loyalty both?

Message 29 of 142
Square

Hi @Bigbothways,

It’s not necessary to have Square Text Message Marketing in order to use Square Loyalty. Some features (such as Loyalty Promotions) are enhanced with the ability to send a text campaign, but really it's up to your preference and how robust you want to get with your marketing. 🙂

Ciara Spillane
Square Loyalty
Message 30 of 142
Beta Member

We need to be able to manually adjust the expiration dates for the points. Is there such option coming soon?

Message 31 of 142
Square

Hi @elmono, you should be able to adjust your point expiration date in the Loyalty settings in your Square Dashboard (Customers->Loyalty->Loyalty Settings). However, this setting will only apply to points earned going forward. You can read more about that here. Hope this helps, but let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Message 32 of 142
Beta Member

I want to turn OFF all Loyalty.   It doesn't fit for our business.   The loyalty features on the main screen of the Terminal need to be able to be removed.

Message 33 of 142
Square

Hi @laxarcade,

We looked into your account and don’t see a Square Loyalty subscription current or in your history. Do you mind elaborating on what you are seeing?

Ciara Spillane
Square Loyalty
Message 34 of 142

On the Terminal there are 2 options under "Library" that seem connected to Loyalty.   Terminal users have been asking to have these removeable (hidden) for YEARS now.

The screen on the Terminal is limited as it is, and we have two buttons on the MAIN SCREEN that push our other items down, which we will never ever use.    I can't issue or accept gift cards.  I can't issue or accept rewards.  I can't offer Loyalty.   Yet I have both these options on my Terminals and cannot hide them.

louarcade_0-1677184078364.png

Please let us turn these off.

Message 35 of 142
Square

Thanks for the details, @louarcade. I'm syncing with the appropriate team on your feedback now.

Ciara Spillane
Square Loyalty
Message 36 of 142
Beta Member

The response above was from us, @louarcade is the other account we have for a different location.   

Message 37 of 142
Beta Member

It would be really helpful if Square could create a loyalty program for use in franchise locations. It's very difficult when our brand has multiple franchise locations and only loyalty points are accumulated at a particular owner's location or multiple locations owned by the same person however the points are not shared or usable between multiple different franchised locations

Message 38 of 142
Square

Hi @Hopz!

Thanks for your message. We recently introduced some new features for franchises that help solve for this very use case. Someone from our team will be getting in touch with you shortly to discuss!

Ciara Spillane
Square Loyalty
Message 39 of 142
Super Seller

When can we expect some implementation of a frequent buyer program that will allow me to track the vendor sponsored programs I have available to me?

Right now I have a points program, but i want to track buy 12 get the 13th free of certain products

Message 40 of 142
Square

Hey @JTPets, just want to make sure I understand the request correctly, you’re looking to have multiple programs based on specific categories of items? Right now we don’t have any plans to support this type of functionality. However, we’re always looking for ways to increase the value and feature set of the program so appreciate you sharing this request. 

Message 41 of 142

Completely new to the loyalty program so I’m very interested in how to set it up and how it works on square.  Thank you for doing this seminar. 

Message 42 of 142