x
Admin

Q&A with the Customers team: How can we meet your business branding needs?

Hello Seller Community — we were glad to host this Q&A session on March 15 focused on business owners who are looking to take their brand to new heights with Square.

Joining us for this discussion was @skhan, a seasoned product manager on the Customers team. With her prior experience in branding and strong seller empathy, Sarah understands the challenges that come with managing branding features, such as adding logos and customizing receipts. She and her team are working to enhance the branding experience, and they want to hear from you!

Have a look at summary post an replies below for more information on what's top of mind for both sellers and product team members.

computers-room-storagepng_Medium_res.jpg

Note on account-specific questions: For your privacy and security, we are not able to address issues related to specific account status details in our public forums. If you need account assistance, please contact the Customer Success team and they'll be able to take a deeper dive.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 144
143 REPLIES 143
Super Seller

Thank for the opportunity to contribute to this discussion! As far as improving my business branding with Square products...I'd LOVE to have more control over the graphics and logos in the email creation area of Square Marketing. I feel limited to the square area that floats over the header image. Any chance sellers will be able to have more control over these elements? I've resorted to creating mash-ups in Photoshop with my full logo but some sellers do not have access to advance photo editing, and it does take up more time to accomplish.

Message 2 of 144
Super Seller

I agree, on the header image our's looks just like a white circle right in the middle of the image. I would like to be able to have a screen like the resize screen, but would allow you to maybe put it in a corner or even make it transparent.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 3 of 144
Super Seller

Definitely agree with @rtfulk here. Here's a snapshot of a recent marketing email I sent...while I love some of the premade templates/images, I wish there was more control over logos and placements in areas of the emails. Being able to move our logo to the side would make this template even better!

Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 5.51.07 PM.png

Message 4 of 144

I agree

Message 5 of 144
Super Seller

There is a way you can control that- make your own headers...

Do that by shutting off your header in Square and then create one in Canva.

We don't use any of Square's marketing templates... we purchase created email templates in Etsy (they are very inexpensive) and then bring them over in Canva. You can also purchase and/or create your own Instagram stories, etc.. it's really worth it.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 6 of 144
Beta Member

I agree! Would love more control over placement of the logo and colors to match our brand.

Message 7 of 144
Square

Hi @rtfulk - Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! While we’re still figuring out the ability to customize the header banner and logo format, we’re excited to let you know that we have some other improvements coming to the template editor in 2023, including adding video and GIF blocks. We really appreciate your feedback, as it helps us prioritize and make decisions moving forward.

Sarah Khan
Message 8 of 144

Yes this would be a great feature. Also be able to upload our company name or alot more fonts to make it closer to what my company uses. 

Message 9 of 144
Square

Hi @enticedv3nu3 - Thanks for taking time to share this feedback! We agree and are working to improve things.

In 2023, we have various improvements coming to the Marketing template design editor, including video and GIF blocks, adding more fonts and font sizes, more options for images & image layouts, etc. 

Sarah Khan
Message 10 of 144
Beta Member

If it helps, we do logo design and signs/graphics.  There is the option to get ahold of us and we can provide you with your logo or a new logo to work with or upload.   I think a sales community through Square would be great, we could find new suppliers or resellers to work with.  Square should do a business directory!  I think that would be awesome

Message 11 of 144

I agree! I love how square allows us to create an email but I would like more freedom once the template is provided. 
I also use Canva to recreate templates as well…definitely time consuming 

Message 12 of 144
Beta Member

I stopped using marketing because of the email looks.  Improving templates or increasing flexibility there would be great.

Message 13 of 144
Square

Hi @CharliePortland - Thanks for the candid feedback. The team is working on improving things. We have some improvements to the template design editor in 2023: adding Video and GIF blocks, adding more fonts and font sizes, more options for images & image layouts, etc. The ability to further customize the header banner and logo format is TBD, but we are also exploring partnerships with popular image editing tools that many of our sellers use, to make it even easier to import custom created images/banners. These explorations are still underway, and each instance of feedback further helps us determine prioritization.

Sarah Khan
Message 14 of 144
Beta Member

Thank you for your reply Sarah.  Been with square for over 10 years, and I think you guys still rock as much as you did on day one, and then some!  

To a small business, the equation boils down to whether or not your current partners will get to where you need them to get within a reasonable amount of time, at a reasonable cost. The alternative is hunting for new partners and working piece meal, which in my experience has proven to be more complicated vs. the quality of results they bear.

The recent paywall on certain team functions is a bit of a turnoff, but you guys have to make money so we can make money so that's that.

Message 15 of 144
Square

Hi @RoChelle__ - Thanks for sharing this feedback! We are exploring partnerships with popular image editing tools that many of our sellers use to make it even easier to import custom created images/banners. As we continue with our explorations, every piece of feedback we receive helps us in determining our priorities.

Sarah Khan
Message 16 of 144

I totally agree with that 

email marketing here is kinda poor in square 

Message 17 of 144
Square

Hi @Sweettreatssj - Thank you for this feedback! We have heard from multiple sellers that they’d like more control over branding in Marketing campaign templates. We have various improvements to the template design editor in 2023, including adding Video and GIF blocks, adding more fonts and font sizes, more options for images & image layouts, etc. 

Sarah Khan
Message 18 of 144

Awesome! Thank you 

Message 19 of 144
Beta Member

Agreed. Email marketing should include more elements and customization. 

- Text message marketing to allow atleast one images to be added. 

- Online store - Custom branded login & register pages. 

- Scannable in-store receipts to make returns and exchanges easier. Be able to modify in-store receipts 

Pamper Beauty Supply
Los Angeles, CA
Message 20 of 144

Yes I agree with all of your suggestions!

Message 21 of 144